Digital TV News: Cisco
Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
Sep 26, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced Rabbit AI, a mobile feature powered by ChatGPT-4 that offers viewers a new way to navigate the platform and discover movies and TV shows.
News categories: Tubi, Blake Bassett, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Streaming, UX
Link Net deploys Open Caching with Qwilt and Cisco
Sep 12, 2023 – Link Net is working with Qwilt and Cisco to deploy a CDN solution, elevating the quality and delivery capacity of Link Net's streaming applications to homes across Indonesia.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Link Net, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Marlo Budiman, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
Tubi surpasses 74 million monthly active Users
Sep 6, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ:FOXA, FOX) has surpassed 74 million monthly active users and logged nearly 4 billion streaming hours for the first half of the year, reaching 1.4% of total U.S. TV viewing time.
News categories: Tubi, Anjali Sud, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Samba TV releases latest State of Viewership report
Aug 9, 2023 – Samba TV has released its latest State of Viewership report, analyzing around 45 billion hours of linear and streaming, over the first half of 2023, to give an overview of linear TV, movie and CTV viewership.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Digital TV
Fastweb adopts Cisco and Qwilt's Open Caching solution
Jul 25, 2023 – Cisco and Qwilt are working with Fastweb to bring their joint CDN solution to the Italian market. The solution works by pushing content caching and delivery to the edge of Fastweb's networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Fastweb, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Fabrizio Casati, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
U.S. Cyber Trust Mark labeling program for smart devices announced
Jul 18, 2023 – The U.S. has announced a cybersecurity certification and labeling program to help Americans more easily choose smart devices that are safer and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart TV, USA
Vodafone deploys streaming CDN with Qwilt and Cisco
Jul 11, 2023 – Qwilt and Cisco will deploy their CDN solution at Vodafone, increasing the performance of Vodafone’s streaming delivery to mobile and fixed broadband customers in Europe and Africa.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone, Cisco, Alon Maor, Giorgio Migliarina, Nadia Benabdallah, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Tatari spins off new company with data clean room as first product
Jun 12, 2023 – Tatari has launched Vault, a company focused on solutions for CTV advertising. Vault's first product is a clean room solution providing a secure and neutral space for data collaboration.
News categories: Tatari, Experian, Vault, Philip Inghelbrecht, Chris Feo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
Jun 7, 2023 – MediaKind has announced that TV Globo's EPTV will deploy its edge video processing to deliver better quality, security and reliability for video contribution and distribution over the open internet.
News categories: MediaKind, Globo, Avicom, Juan Pizarro, José Francisco Valencia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029