Digital TV News: DigitAlb
ALBtelecom chooses Anevia to launch new OTT services
Jul 30, 2018 – Anevia has supported the launch of IPTV services for ALBtelecom. ALBtelecom is using Anevia’s TV and video delivery software to provide live and non-linear content in broadcast quality and to multiple screens.
News categories: Anevia, ALBtelecom, Damien Lucas, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Cubiware’s CubiGO brings multiscreen OTT to Digitalb customers
Sep 11, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Digitalb has launched Cubiware’s CubiGO, an over the top (OTT) multiscreen solution that allows operators to offer customers mobile access to their entertainment with a consistent experience across mobile devices.
News categories: Cubiware, Digitalb, Jakub Gorski, Altin Petre, Albania, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
Dune HD and Quadrille partner to bring satellite-based push-VoD to developing regions
Nov 12, 2013 – Dune HD has partnered with French VOD technology provider Quadrille to create a receiver able to download content by means of 'Push VOD', giving operators in developing regions the means to offer content choice even where broadband access is limited.
News categories: Dune HD, Quadrille, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Xavier Battas, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 – DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Content Distribution, DVR, Satellite, Terrestrial
Albania's DigitAlb Pay-TV Platform Extends to 2020 its Eutelsat Satellite Capacity
Jan 6, 2011 – DigitAlb has announced that it has secured its satellite resources for digital broadcasting with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to June 2020. The company has extended for an extra three years its contract with Eutelsat for transponders at 16degrees East.
News categories: Eutelsat, DigitAlb, Albania, Satellite
Albania - Tring DTH starts test broadcasting
Sep 7, 2008 – Broadcasts began a few days ago on Eutelsat W2 16°E to test the new Albanian digital satellite platform Tring. The service is owned by Albanian Satellite Communications (ASC).
News categories: Albanian Satellite Communications, Albania, Digital TV, Satellite
Global Digital Broadcast IPTV Deal with VeHDa
Jul 7, 2007 – Global Digital Broadcast (GDB), has signed a deal with leading UK provider of advanced high-definition and digital technologies, VeHDa, to release and install 500,000 IP set-top boxes (STBs) within the UK consumer market by the end of 2008. More …
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- MC-IF invites input on VVC interoperability
- SpotX finds 80% of CTV viewers watch ad-supported content
- SERAPHIC launches Freeview Play 2020 solution
- WIND Hellas launches ABR service with Broadpeak
- Roku selects Accedo as a Preferred Developer for Latin America
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
- Sencore releases professional ATSC 3.0 receiver decoder
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Movistar+ adds picture in picture and upgrades voice functionality
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable