Digital TV News: Digital TV Research
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
Sep 27, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, in terms of SVOD subscribers, Germany will overtake the UK in 2025. Germany will have 52 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026, with the UK just behind at 51 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
Sep 22, 2021 – Digital TV Research has forecast that there will be 47 million SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe by 2026, more than double the 22 million seen at end-2021. Russia will then have 20 million SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Latin America SVOD subscriptions to exceed 130 million by 2026
Sep 6, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects that, despite several poor economies, Latin America will have 131 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from 76 million at end-2021. Brazil will remain the market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, Subscribers
U.S. SVOD subscriptions to grow to 450 million in 2026
Sep 2, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects SVOD subscriptions in the US to climb by 33% from 338 million at end-2021 to 450 million in 2026, with about 87% of TV households subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
15 million Arabic SVOD subscribers by 2026
Aug 31, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 15 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2026, up from 8.61 million in 2021. Netflix will bring in more subscribers than second-place OSN and third-placed StarzPlay combined.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple
Aug 26, 2021 – Digital TV Research forecasts 15.06 million paying SVOD subscriptions in Africa by 2026, nearly triple the 5.11 million expected at end-2021. From the 10 million additions, South Africa and Nigeria will each supply 2.3 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Europe’s top broadcasters to make $11 billion from football
Jun 3, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, broadcasters' revenues for live football matches in their domestic and UEFA Champions leagues will reach $10.5 billion in the 2021/22 season in the top five European countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product