Digital TV News: Dr Neale Foster
ACCESS and AirConsole bring cloud gaming to the car
Mar 29, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that it has partnered with N-Dream to bring its cloud-gaming platform, AirConsole, to the car. ACCESS will enable multiplayer gaming through its IVI platform and car-centric App Store.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, N-Dream, Sven Eckoldt, Dr Neale Foster, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
ACCESS announces BML browser on Android for cars
Nov 2, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced an enhancement to its NetFront Browser BML Edition for cars that extends support to Android. Broadcast Markup Language (BML) is essential for delivering interactive and TV services to the car in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Middleware
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
ACCESS and Foxxum provide UX solution for AOSP smart TVs
Sep 10, 2018 – ACCESS and Foxxum have announced a collaboration to offer UIs for services based on Linux for Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The solution enables operators to offer smart TV UXs that rival Android TV and proprietary solutions.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Foxxum, Dr Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS and Castoola collaborate on combined HbbTV solution
Sep 7, 2018 – ACCESS and Castoola have announced a collaboration to provide broadcasters and operators with a future-proofed HbbTV solution. The joint offering consists of the Castoola HbbTV platform combined with ACCESS’ NetFront Browser BE.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Castoola, Dr Neale Foster, Filip Remškar, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE v2.4 powers HTML5-based entertainment up to 8K
Jul 27, 2017 – ACCESS CO has announced the release of its NetFront Browser BE SDK v2.4 for Linux and Android. The HTML5 compliant browser provides a standards-based solution for operators looking to deploy a single service across multiple platforms.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE chosen to power EKT STB middleware
Sep 5, 2016 – EKT and ACCESS have announced the start of cooperation whereby EKT will deploy ACCESS’ Chromium-based NetFront Browser BE as part of its solidTV software solution.
News categories: ACCESS Co, EKT, Dr Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS to show integration with Zenterio OS at IBC
Sep 2, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced the integration of ACCESS’ TV-centric browser with Zenterio OS. Magyar Telekom and M7 Group, two operators in Europe, have already deployed the solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr Neale Foster, Robin Rutil, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
ACCESS browser selected by Toshiba for Hybridcast TV
Jul 15, 2014 – ACCESS CO. has announced the integration of NetFront™ Browser NX in the Toshiba TV platform and the embedding of the browser for the world’s first commercially available Hybridcast TV in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Toshiba, Yasuhiro Ishibashi, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics