Digital TV News: Dr Neale Foster
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
ACCESS and Foxxum provide UX solution for AOSP smart TVs
Sep 10, 2018 – ACCESS and Foxxum have announced a collaboration to offer UIs for services based on Linux for Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The solution enables operators to offer smart TV UXs that rival Android TV and proprietary solutions.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Foxxum, Dr Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS and Castoola collaborate on combined HbbTV solution
Sep 7, 2018 – ACCESS and Castoola have announced a collaboration to provide broadcasters and operators with a future-proofed HbbTV solution. The joint offering consists of the Castoola HbbTV platform combined with ACCESS’ NetFront Browser BE.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Castoola, Dr Neale Foster, Filip Remškar, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE v2.4 powers HTML5-based entertainment up to 8K
Jul 27, 2017 – ACCESS CO has announced the release of its NetFront Browser BE SDK v2.4 for Linux and Android. The HTML5 compliant browser provides a standards-based solution for operators looking to deploy a single service across multiple platforms.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE chosen to power EKT STB middleware
Sep 5, 2016 – EKT and ACCESS have announced the start of cooperation whereby EKT will deploy ACCESS’ Chromium-based NetFront Browser BE as part of its solidTV software solution.
News categories: ACCESS Co, EKT, Dr Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS to show integration with Zenterio OS at IBC
Sep 2, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced the integration of ACCESS’ TV-centric browser with Zenterio OS. Magyar Telekom and M7 Group, two operators in Europe, have already deployed the solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr Neale Foster, Robin Rutil, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
ACCESS browser selected by Toshiba for Hybridcast TV
Jul 15, 2014 – ACCESS CO. has announced the integration of NetFront™ Browser NX in the Toshiba TV platform and the embedding of the browser for the world’s first commercially available Hybridcast TV in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Toshiba, Yasuhiro Ishibashi, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Anvia Selects ACCESS’ Solutions to Support Media Sharing on All Devices
Mar 13, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Anvia have announced that Anvia has selected ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0 and NetFront™ Living Connect to power its new line of High Definition Hybrid Set-Top-Boxes.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Anvia, Esa Wahlroos, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ACCESS and HyperPanel Lab Power First HbbTV Pilot Services in France for Normandie TV
Apr 14, 2011 – ACCESS CO. has announced that HyperPanel Lab's HbbTV solution, including ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile, has been selected by Normandie TV. Normandie TV is the first French broadcaster to carry HbbTV services over digital terrestrial.
News categories: ACCESS CO., HyperPanel, Normandie TV, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12