Digital TV News: Dr Neale Foster
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Streaming
ACCESS and AirConsole bring cloud gaming to the car
Mar 29, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that it has partnered with N-Dream to bring its cloud-gaming platform, AirConsole, to the car. ACCESS will enable multiplayer gaming through its IVI platform and car-centric App Store.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, N-Dream, Sven Eckoldt, Dr Neale Foster, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
ACCESS announces BML browser on Android for cars
Nov 2, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced an enhancement to its NetFront Browser BML Edition for cars that extends support to Android. Broadcast Markup Language (BML) is essential for delivering interactive and TV services to the car in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Middleware
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
ACCESS and Foxxum provide UX solution for AOSP smart TVs
Sep 10, 2018 – ACCESS and Foxxum have announced a collaboration to offer UIs for services based on Linux for Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The solution enables operators to offer smart TV UXs that rival Android TV and proprietary solutions.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Foxxum, Dr Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS and Castoola collaborate on combined HbbTV solution
Sep 7, 2018 – ACCESS and Castoola have announced a collaboration to provide broadcasters and operators with a future-proofed HbbTV solution. The joint offering consists of the Castoola HbbTV platform combined with ACCESS’ NetFront Browser BE.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Castoola, Dr Neale Foster, Filip Remškar, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE v2.4 powers HTML5-based entertainment up to 8K
Jul 27, 2017 – ACCESS CO has announced the release of its NetFront Browser BE SDK v2.4 for Linux and Android. The HTML5 compliant browser provides a standards-based solution for operators looking to deploy a single service across multiple platforms.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ACCESS NetFront Browser BE chosen to power EKT STB middleware
Sep 5, 2016 – EKT and ACCESS have announced the start of cooperation whereby EKT will deploy ACCESS’ Chromium-based NetFront Browser BE as part of its solidTV software solution.
News categories: ACCESS Co, EKT, Dr Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS to show integration with Zenterio OS at IBC
Sep 2, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced the integration of ACCESS’ TV-centric browser with Zenterio OS. Magyar Telekom and M7 Group, two operators in Europe, have already deployed the solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr Neale Foster, Robin Rutil, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars