Digital TV News: ETSI
Sisvel becomes DVB-S2 patent pool administrator
Apr 30, 2020 – The family of DVB programs administered by Sisvel keeps growing, thanks to the addition of the DVB-S2 patent pool. The program previously managed by S2 Licensing, is now part of Sisvel's license offerings related to video.
News categories: Sisvel, Davide Ferri, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
DVB Targeted Advertising spec published
Nov 26, 2019 – DVB BlueBook A178-1 "Dynamic substitution of content in linear broadcast: interfacing an advert decisioning service and optimal preparation" is now available for download. It was approved at the recent meeting of DVB's Steering Board.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
Jul 10, 2019 – DVB has announced a revision to its specification for the use of video and audio coding in broadcast and broadband applications to include solutions for HDR Dynamic Mapping (DM). The solutions allow a receiver to adapt an HDR video signal to the characteristics of the display.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
Oct 16, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and High Frame Rate (HFR) functionalities to its DVB HEVC System test suite for UHDTV. The tool allows TV and CE manufacturers to test their devices for enhanced video capabilities.
News categories: Allegro DVT, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Operator Applications published in ETSI
May 9, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Operator Applications Specification is now an ETSI standard. The specification allows TV operators, in partnership with TV manufacturers, to provide an operator-branded experience as an application on TVs.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
ETSI launches new group on Augmented Reality
Dec 4, 2017 – ETSI has launched a new Industry Specification Group called Augmented Reality Framework (ISG ARF). The group aims to synchronize efforts and identify key use cases and scenarios for developing an Augmented Reality (AR) framework with relevant components and interfaces.
News categories: ETSI, Muriel Deschanel, Ralf Schäfer, VR, Worldwide
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico