Digital TV News: European Commission
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
EU proposes Chips Act to support semiconductor security of supply
Feb 8, 2022 – The European Commission has proposed a set of measures, the Chips Act, to ensure the EU's security of supply, resilience and technological leadership in semiconductor technologies and applications.
News categories: European Commission, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
Dec 3, 2020 – The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, has said that, during the second half of 2021, HBO Max would be expanding into Latin America and Europe. HBO Max's US launch was in May this year.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, Casey Bloys, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Brainstorm coordinates AdMiRe mixed reality R&D project
Nov 17, 2020 – Brainstorm is coordinating AdMiRe, an EU-funded project that focuses on the development and validation of Mixed Reality solutions to improve interest and participation of TV audiences as well as the generation of more attractive content.
News categories: AdMiRe, Brainstorm, Javier Montesa, Francisco Ibáñez, Digital TV, EU, Metaverse
Orange Romania to acquire 54% controlling stake in Telekom Romania
Nov 9, 2020 – Orange Romania has announced that it signed a deal to acquire a controlling 54% stake in Telekom Romania Communications (TKR). Orange will pay a total of €268m, on a debt-free, cash-free basis and subject to customary adjustments at closing.
News categories: Orange, Telekom Romania, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Liudmila Climoc, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Romania
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Poland
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite