Digital TV News: European Commission
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
EU proposes Chips Act to support semiconductor security of supply
Feb 8, 2022 – The European Commission has proposed a set of measures, the Chips Act, to ensure the EU's security of supply, resilience and technological leadership in semiconductor technologies and applications.
News categories: European Commission, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
Dec 3, 2020 – The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, has said that, during the second half of 2021, HBO Max would be expanding into Latin America and Europe. HBO Max's US launch was in May this year.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, Casey Bloys, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Brainstorm coordinates AdMiRe mixed reality R&D project
Nov 17, 2020 – Brainstorm is coordinating AdMiRe, an EU-funded project that focuses on the development and validation of Mixed Reality solutions to improve interest and participation of TV audiences as well as the generation of more attractive content.
News categories: AdMiRe, Brainstorm, Javier Montesa, Francisco Ibáñez, Digital TV, EU, Metaverse
Orange Romania to acquire 54% controlling stake in Telekom Romania
Nov 9, 2020 – Orange Romania has announced that it signed a deal to acquire a controlling 54% stake in Telekom Romania Communications (TKR). Orange will pay a total of €268m, on a debt-free, cash-free basis and subject to customary adjustments at closing.
News categories: Orange, Telekom Romania, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Liudmila Climoc, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Romania
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Poland
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022