Digital TV News: European Commission
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
EU clears creation of DT, Orange, Telefónica, Vodafone ad-tech JV
Feb 10, 2023 – The EU has approved unconditionally the creation of a JV by Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telefónica and Vodafone. The JV will offer a platform that generates a unique code allowing brands and publishers to recognize users on their websites or applications.
News categories: European Commission, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, EU, France, Germany, Italy, Regulation, Spain, UK
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
EU proposes Chips Act to support semiconductor security of supply
Feb 8, 2022 – The European Commission has proposed a set of measures, the Chips Act, to ensure the EU's security of supply, resilience and technological leadership in semiconductor technologies and applications.
News categories: European Commission, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor
Orange Belgium to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO
Dec 24, 2021 – Orange Belgium has signed an agreement with Nethys to acquire 75% minus one share in VOO SA. With the acquisition of VOO, Orange Belgium will gain a very high-speed network in Wallonia and part of Brussels.
News categories: Orange, VOO, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Xavier Pichon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
Dec 3, 2020 – The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, has said that, during the second half of 2021, HBO Max would be expanding into Latin America and Europe. HBO Max's US launch was in May this year.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, Casey Bloys, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Brainstorm coordinates AdMiRe mixed reality R&D project
Nov 17, 2020 – Brainstorm is coordinating AdMiRe, an EU-funded project that focuses on the development and validation of Mixed Reality solutions to improve interest and participation of TV audiences as well as the generation of more attractive content.
News categories: AdMiRe, Brainstorm, Javier Montesa, Francisco Ibáñez, Digital TV, EU, Metaverse
Orange Romania to acquire 54% controlling stake in Telekom Romania
Nov 9, 2020 – Orange Romania has announced that it signed a deal to acquire a controlling 54% stake in Telekom Romania Communications (TKR). Orange will pay a total of €268m, on a debt-free, cash-free basis and subject to customary adjustments at closing.
News categories: Orange, Telekom Romania, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Liudmila Climoc, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Romania
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania