Digital TV News: Fraunhofer IIS
Ateme integrates Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio in its KYRION encoders
Apr 13, 2023 – Fraunhofer IIS and Ateme facilitating the delivery of personalized and immersive sound with the integration of Fraunhofer's MPEG-H Audio into Ateme's KYRION encoders.
News categories: Ateme, Fraunhofer IIS, Julien Mandel, Adrian Murtaza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2023, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Netflix now streaming xHE-AAC audio on Android mobile
Jan 12, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS has announced that Netflix is now using the xHE-AAC audio codec. Netflix has licensed Fraunhofer’s xHE-AAC software and is using it to encode its entire catalog.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Netflix, Bernhard Grill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia