Digital TV News: Friend MTS
Friend MTS adds Axinom and castLabs to partner programme
Apr 22, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced new technology partnerships as it continues to expand its portfolio of anti-piracy and content security technologies. This latest announcement welcomes Axinom and castLabs to the Friend MTS partnership programme.
News categories: Friend MTS, Axinom, castLabs, Dennis Scott, Johannes Jauch, Thasso Griebel, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Friend MTS to provide anti-piracy services to UEFA
Apr 7, 2022 – Friend MTS has been appointed by UEFA to provide anti-piracy services for UEFA competitions. Friend MTS will provide services, including monitoring and enforcement, to combat piracy in all its forms (other than on social media).
News categories: Friend MTS, UEFA, Jonathan Friend, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe
Friend MTS extends anti-piracy protection deal with Novasports in Greece
Mar 16, 2022 – Friend MTS has extended its relationship with United Media to provide anti-piracy services for Novasports channels in Greece. The linear sports channels are protected against content theft and piracy by Friend MTS's global monitoring services.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Jonathan Friend, Duško Martić, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
Jan 26, 2022 – Friend MTS has agreed a content protection extension with Lega Serie A. Friend MTS' monitoring services provide real-time identification of illegal streams of live Lega Serie A content to help detect, deter and disable pirate operations.
News categories: Friend MTS, Lega Serie A, Jonathan Friend, Luisella Fusco, Content Protection, COVID-19, Italy, Worldwide
Friend MTS and Akamai offer server-side A/B variant watermarking
Apr 22, 2021 – Friend MTS and Akamai are now offering content owners, broadcasters and operators server-side A/B variant watermarking based on Friend MTS ASiD OTT Edge-switched technology and Akamai Access Revocation technology.
News categories: Friend MTS, Akamai, Jonathan Friend, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Friend MTS launches ASiD watermarking 4th generation
Mar 24, 2021 – Friend MTS has launched 4th Generation ASiD, an extended set of subscriber-level watermarking solutions, including a smart server-side A/B variant to protect assets from illegal redistribution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Jonathan Friend, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, Streaming
Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy
Feb 5, 2020 – Intertrust and Friend MTS have announced an extended partnership agreement that enhances Intertrust's ExpressPlay content protection platform with cutting-edge Friend MTS anti-piracy and watermarking technology services.
News categories: Intertrust, Friend MTS, Ali Hodjat, Simon Hanna, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with United Media
May 30, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced a deal extension with United Media to continue to provide anti-piracy protection for its premium sports content. United Media is part of United Group which operates in all six countries of former Yugoslavia.
News categories: Friend MTS, United Media, Simon Hanna, Duško Martić, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Protection, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report