Digital TV News: Gateway Broadcast Services
Africa's GTV goes into liquidation
Jan 30, 2009 – Gateway Broadcast Services, supplier of the GTV satellite service to subscribers across Africa over the last 2 years, has announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a plan to liquidate the Company.
News categories: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
NDS Group PLC Reports Fiscal Year 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced its results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008. 90.3 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access technology and 92.5 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Market Research, Middleware, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Gateway Broadcast Services Selects MediaHighway® Middleware and EPG for its African Pay TV Service
Jul 31, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Gateway Broadcast Services (GBS) has chosen MediaHighway® middleware and NDS Electronic Program Guide (EPG) to enhance its pay-TV satellite service for sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Gateway to broadcast English soccer to Africa
Jun 4, 2007 – Gateway Telecommunications has raised $40 million to roll out a pay-TV service (GTV) that will broadcast English Premier League soccer games to sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Gateway Broadcast Services, Africa, Digital TV, Kenya, Malawi, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools