Digital TV News: Gidon Katz
Roku OS 11 to start roll out in the coming weeks
Mar 22, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced Roku OS 11. Roku OS 11 adds Roku Photo Streams, the easiest way to enjoy and share favorite photos, as well providing expanded content discovery menu options, auto speech clarity, new sound modes, a new mobile app and more.
News categories: Roku, Gidon Katz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Netflix now on NOW TV streaming devices
Sep 26, 2018 – The Netflix app has launched on NOW TV streaming devices. As well as adding Netflix to the wide range of apps already available, NOW TV has also revealed the launch of its most powerful ever streaming device – the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search.
News categories: NOW TV, Netflix, Gidon Katz, Digital TV
NOW TV launches UK’s cheapest TV Smart Stick
Jan 25, 2018 – Streaming service NOW TV is set to launch the NOW TV Smart Stick, the UK’s cheapest streaming stick and a brand new way to get the best pay-TV shows, the latest and greatest movies and exclusive live sports on your telly.
News categories: NOW TV, Roku, Gidon Katz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV arrives on Chromecast
Sep 2, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced the arrival of NOW TV on Chromecast, offering customers another way to enjoy the service's movies, live sports and TV channels on their main TV screen.
News categories: BSkyB, Gidon Katz, Martin Goswami, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BSkyB launches weekly PAYG sports option for NOW TV
Aug 11, 2014 – BSkyB's NOW TV has announced the launch of a weekly pass for sports fans looking to watch Sky Sports. Available initially for £10.99, the Sky Sports Week Pass will offer all 7 Sky Sports channels for 7 days.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation 4 this summer
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) and Sony Computer Entertainment UK have struck an agreement to make Sky Go and NOW TV available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™). Customers will be able to watch NOW TV on the PS4 from this summer with Sky Go becoming available later this year.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Gidon Katz, Fergal Gara, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV arrives on PlayStation 3
Jul 5, 2013 – NOW TV, the internet TV service from the Uk's BSkyB (LSE:BSY), is now available on PlayStation®3. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies and all six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Gaming, Streaming, UK
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22