Digital TV News: GlobalData
SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
Sep 24, 2021 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 12% in 2020 to about 27% in 2025, driven by considerable rise in the adoption of OTT video, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
AR expected to one day replace smartphones
Sep 6, 2021 – AR is expected to one day replace smartphones, according to GlobalData. The company notes that within the next ten years, AR will be a $152bn industry – a 22-fold growth. AR will be one of the most disruptive technologies of our time.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
Jul 28, 2021 – The pay TV market in China is set to decline at a CAGR of 0.5% from $32.9bn in 2020 to $32.1bn in 2025, due to the growing preference for OTT video streaming services and falling pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
Pay TV revenue in Japan to expand at a 2.2% CAGR
Jun 28, 2021 – Despite a decline in pay TV subscriptions, pay TV revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the period 2020-2025, supported by increasing ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 25, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
DTH, IPTV to drive pay TV revenue in Indonesia
Jun 1, 2021 – Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from $497m in 2020 to $633m in 2025, at a CAGR of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Pay TV revenue in India to grow at a lethargic 0.9% CAGR
Apr 23, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in India is expected to grow at a negligible CAGR of 0.9% from US$3bn in 2020 to US$3.1bn in 2025 due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and falling ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, India, Market Research
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution