Digital TV News: HARMAN
ACCESS IVI solution integrated into the HARMAN Ignite Store
Sep 28, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that its Twine4Car has been integrated with the HARMAN Ignite Store, providing automotive OEMs with a portfolio of car-specific video services through the IVI platform.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, HARMAN, Michi Uematsu, Albert Jordan, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
Technicolor and LG U+ roll out AV soundbar with JBL audio
Aug 26, 2021 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has joined forces with LG U+ and HARMAN’s Embedded Audio group to develop and deploy a high-end, multi-service home-entertainment platform for the South Korean market.
News categories: Technicolor, HARMAN, LG U+, Mercedes Pastor, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box
ÖFB launches OTT platform with StreamAMG
Oct 21, 2020 – The Austrian Football Federation has launched an OTT platform to provide a new home for Austrian football. Built and operated by StreamAMG in partnership with RESULT Sports, ÖFB TV offers access to the men's, women's and youth game in Austria.
News categories: StreamAMG, ÖFB, Hugo Sharman, Bernhard Neuhold, Apps, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Flipkart to introduce its first Nokia Smart TV in India
Nov 6, 2019 – Flipkart has been granted the use of the Nokia brand for Smart TVs in India. Flipkart will leverage its understanding of the needs of Indian consumers to develop and facilitate the manufacturing and distribution of the Nokia branded Smart TVs, while managing the end-to-end go-to-market strategy.
News categories: Flipkart, Nokia, HARMAN, Adarsh Menon, Vipul Mehrotra, Pradeep Chaudhry, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
Aug 12, 2019 – Most of the more than 100 million smart speakers and video streaming devices installed in America’s homes are quite energy efficient, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has said in the first independent report on their electricity use.
News categories: NRDC, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
Feb 14, 2019 – Parks Associates research estimates that U.S. households will buy more than 64 million smart speakers with voice assistants in 2022, part of the smart home trend driving widespread adoption of voice control.
News categories: Parks Associates, Dina Abdelrazik, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars