Digital TV News: Hanno Basse
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Ericsson, Telstra and Fox unveil push-VOD content delivery solution
Feb 27, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC), Telstra and The Fox Innovation Lab at 21st Century Fox will unveil a content delivery solution at MWC 2017 that pre-loads movies onto a consumer's device ready for purchase or rent.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, 21st Century Fox, Per Borgklint, Andrew Penn, Hanno Basse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Irdeto and Scenarist partner to provide Ultra HD Blu-Ray security
Sep 10, 2016 – Irdeto and Scenarist, the developer of Hollywood-standard, multi-format authoring tools, have partnered to provide content owners with access to world-class forensic watermarking for Ultra HD Blu-ray discs.
News categories: Irdeto, Scenarist, Lawrence Low, Chris Neely, Hanno Basse, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo scheme extended to Blu-ray Disc players
Apr 12, 2016 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has expanded the range of products that can bear the ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo with announcement of certification and logo licensing for Ultra HD Blu-ray Players.
News categories: UHD Alliance, Hanno Basse, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
Intertrust adds NexGuard watermarking to ExpressPlay DRM
Feb 17, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that it has added session-based video watermarking capabilities from Civolution’s NexGuard to its ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) service.
News categories: Civolution, Intertrust, 20th Century Fox, Harrie Tholen, Talal G. Shamoon, Hanno Basse, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
UHD Alliance unveils 'ULTRA HD PREMIUM' logo and begins certification
Jan 5, 2016 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has unveiled a consumer-facing logo to identify devices, content and services capable of delivering a premium experience to the Ultra HD market. The UHDA also announced the start of licensing of its ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo.
News categories: UHD Alliance, IHS Technology, Hanno Basse, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA