Digital TV News: Jeremy Darroch
Sky signs deal for Disney+
Mar 3, 2020 – Sky and Disney have announced a deal making Disney+ available for purchase in the UK and Ireland on Sky Q, to be followed by NOW TV in the coming months. The deal also includes the first-pay window for 20th Century titles.
News categories: Sky, Disney, Jeremy Darroch, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
May 21, 2018 – Sky has announced that it plans to build a dedicated innovation centre on its Osterley campus. The space will house engineers and developers focusing on innovation across Sky’s broadcast and streaming platforms, consumer products and other activities including VR.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, VR
Sky and Netflix agree new European partnership
Mar 1, 2018 – Sky and Netflix have announced a partnership to bundle the full Netflix service into a Sky TV subscription pack. The partnership will give Sky customers access to Netflix through the Sky Q platform.
News categories: Netflix, Sky, Reed Hastings, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky releases results and update on 2017/18 plans
Jul 27, 2017 – Sky has released results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2017. At 30 June 2017, the company had 22.5 million customers taking almost 60 million products, having added 686,000 new customers and almost 2.7 million products in the last year.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
Nov 18, 2015 – Sky has unveiled Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system. Sky Q makes it easier to access TV and brings a wider range of entertainment to the big screen. Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create a TV ecosystem.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky reports 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the three months ended 31 December 2014. Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland had a strong quarter, Germany posting its highest ever customer growth and Italy showing resilience.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MnA, Satellite, UK
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS