Digital TV News: Kantar
Foxtel selects Kantar for STB return path audience measurement
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel Media has selected Kantar to deliver a new audience measurement service, ingesting data collected from Foxtel subscribers’ set top boxes using return path data technology.
News categories: Foxtel Media, Kantar, Mark Frain, Keld Nielsen, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Disney+ expands ad automation and measurement capabilities
Oct 27, 2023 – Disney+ has announced that advanced audience targeting; additional programmatic marketplaces; expanded ad formats and enriched measurement are all now available to advertisers using the service.
News categories: Disney, Disney+, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Origin to test TV measurement using Samba TV viewership data
Oct 12, 2023 – Origin, the UK cross-media measurement initiative, is to test using data from Samba TV's ACR technology to capture TV viewing behaviour across linear, BVOD, SVOD and CTV services.
News categories: Samba TV, Origin, ISBA, Comscore, Ashwin Navin, Joe Lewis, Phil Smith, Adam Holt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Kantar to continue as TV measurement provider for Romania
Oct 5, 2023 – Kantar Media has signed an agreement with ARMA for the continued provision of broadcast TV ratings for Romania. The contract will run until the end of 2027.
News categories: Kantar, ARMA, Mesut Sakal, Lucia Antal, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Romania
Zattoo and Init7 launch fibre-plus-TV bundle in Switzerland
Aug 29, 2023 – Zattoo and Init7 have partnered to offer Zattoo Home in Switzerland, combining Init7's fast fibre-optic internet with hundreds of TV channels, in full HD, from Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, Init7, Constanze Gilles, Fredy Künzler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Switzerland
TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
Mar 28, 2023 – According to Zattoo's 2023 TV Streaming Report, more and more Swiss people use the internet for TV reception, with high inflation having less impact on streaming subscriptions than expected.
News categories: Zattoo, Jörg Meyer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland
Médiamétrie partners with Nielsen and Kantar for TV and video measurement
Dec 19, 2022 – Médiamétrie has announced technical partnerships with Nielsen and Kantar, to offer the French market audience analytics meeting the need for cross-media editorial and advertising measurement.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Nielsen, Kantar, Yannick Carriou, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, France
Netflix signs up for Kantar audience measurement in Brazil
Dec 13, 2022 – Netflix has signed-up as a subscriber to Kantar's audience measurement data service in Brazil. Netflix will have access to a cross-platform view of its performance alongside linear and on-demand networks and platforms.
News categories: Kantar, Netflix, Antonio Wanderley, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Big Data, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Blockgraph and Kantar partner to advance convergent TV measurement
Nov 1, 2022 – Blockgraph’s Identity Operating System (IDoS) allows for direct matching between Kantar’s panel and client data sets. With the integration, Kantar match rates with TV partners have increased over 10x.
News categories: Blockgraph, Kantar, Jason Manningham, Jed Meyer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023