Digital TV News: Kantar
Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
Apr 13, 2021 – Kantar is collaborating with Streamhub to incorporate data from Kantar's video tagging technology into Streamhub’s analytics platform, making its audience insights from video streaming more intuitive and actionable.
News categories: Kantar, Streamhub, Bas De Vos, Aki Tsuchiya, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Kantar and Ipsos to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands
Mar 30, 2021 – Kantar and Ipsos have won contracts to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands. Working with NMO, the solution is the world's first truly integrated audience measurement programme.
News categories: Kantar, Ipsos, Nationaal Media Onderzoek, Serge Lupas, Liz Landy, Johan Smit, Harry Dekker, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Kantar's Entertainment on Demand service, Q4 saw 1.3 million British households take out a new video streaming subscription, with Amazon Prime Video capturing almost half of these.
News categories: Kantar, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
Jan 13, 2021 – Kantar has announced improvements to its TV Audience Measurement service in Georgia. Since 2016, Kantar, with Tri Media Intelligence (TMI), has provided the TV audience measurement currency to the Georgian market.
News categories: Kantar, Tri Media Intelligence, Keld Nielsen, Ana Lordkipanidze, David Chezhia, Advertising, Big Data, Georgia
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
Sep 23, 2020 – BARB has issued a refreshed invitation to tender which covers five research contracts. The tender process is designed to identify solutions for tracking viewing behaviour throughout the 2020s.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020