Digital TV News: Kantar
TİAK board retains Kantar for audience measurement in Turkey
Nov 11, 2021 – Kantar has announced that TIAK has awarded it the contract for providing TV audience measurement in Turkey until at least 2027. Kantar has been responsible for delivering the official Turkish TV trading currency since 2012.
News categories: Kantar, TIAK, Mesut Sakal, Dursun Güleryüz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Turkey
Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
Sep 21, 2021 – In the UK, Kantar has been selected by Origin, the joint industry initiative led by ISBA (the UK advertiser trade body), as the preferred supplier of a single-source panel to develop a cross-media measurement system.
News categories: Kantar, Origin, Manish Bhatia, Joe Lewis, Maria Fernanda Paba, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
BARB renews audience data contracts with Kantar
Jun 2, 2021 – BARB has announced that Kantar has won contracts to continue to deliver audience measurement for the UK TV industry, including expansion to report content ratings and viewing for streaming services.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Adam Crozier, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
Apr 13, 2021 – Kantar is collaborating with Streamhub to incorporate data from Kantar's video tagging technology into Streamhub’s analytics platform, making its audience insights from video streaming more intuitive and actionable.
News categories: Kantar, Streamhub, Bas De Vos, Aki Tsuchiya, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Kantar and Ipsos to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands
Mar 30, 2021 – Kantar and Ipsos have won contracts to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands. Working with NMO, the solution is the world's first truly integrated audience measurement programme.
News categories: Kantar, Ipsos, Nationaal Media Onderzoek, Serge Lupas, Liz Landy, Johan Smit, Harry Dekker, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Kantar's Entertainment on Demand service, Q4 saw 1.3 million British households take out a new video streaming subscription, with Amazon Prime Video capturing almost half of these.
News categories: Kantar, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
Jan 13, 2021 – Kantar has announced improvements to its TV Audience Measurement service in Georgia. Since 2016, Kantar, with Tri Media Intelligence (TMI), has provided the TV audience measurement currency to the Georgian market.
News categories: Kantar, Tri Media Intelligence, Keld Nielsen, Ana Lordkipanidze, David Chezhia, Advertising, Big Data, Georgia
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia