Digital TV News: Kwesé TV
Kwesé brings OTT to Africa thanks to tucano back-end
Apr 5, 2018 – Alpha Networks has announced the launch of two products by Kwesé for the African market. Kwesé Play is the first Roku video solution launched by any operator in African territory. Kwesé TV is a new OTT user experience offered to existing DTH users.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Econet Media, Kris Warreyn, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pay TV subscribers in Africa to grow 74% between 2017 and 2023
Jan 8, 2018 – The number of pay TV subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa will increase by 74% between 2017 and 2023 to reach 40.89 million. However, Digital TV Research estimates that subscriber growth will outstrip revenue progress.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda
Mediaproxy provides compliance, monitoring and analysis for Kwesé TV
Oct 9, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Econet Media has chosen its unified broadcast compliance, monitoring and analysis solution for Kwesé TV. Mediaproxy software is enabling Kwesé TV to ensure delivery of its pay-TV service to consumers in Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, and Kenya.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Econet Media, Mark Horchler, David Alpert, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, QoE, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Kwesé unveils the first ‘pay-as-you-watch’ TV bouquet in Kenya
Oct 5, 2017 – Econet Media has unveiled its satellite bouquet Kwesé TV in Kenya. Kwesé TV is currently available both in urban centres and rural areas throughout the country and includes a free 30 day subscription for new subscribers.
News categories: Kwesé, Kennedy Ojung’a, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
iflix and Econet Media collaborate to bring SVoD to sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 2, 2017 – iflix and Econet Media’s Kwesé have announced the establishment of a partnership to bring streaming entertainment services to sub-Saharan Africa. The collaboration will leverage the region’s rapid increase in smartphone penetration and growing consumer demand for premium quality entertainment.
News categories: Kwesé, iflix, Joseph Hundah, Andre de Wet, Africa, Digital TV, OTT, Smartphone
EBS to supply EPG data for Africa's Kwesé TV
Feb 7, 2017 – EBS has announced that it has added Econet Media’s Kwesé TV platform to its portfolio of clients. The partnership enables Kwesé TV to deliver enriched metadata and images for every programme via EBS’ EPG and metadata management application.
News categories: EBS, Econet, Keith Bedford, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Kwesé TV starts DTH broadcasting in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia
Jan 30, 2017 – The Kwesé Network's Kwesé TV pay TV satellite service has started broadcasting, beaming entertainment and sports programming to households in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia - the initial countries of the Kwesé TV rollout across Africa.
News categories: Econet Media, Kwesé TV, Joseph Hundah, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Quadrille supplies Push technology for Kwesé TV catchup services
Jan 13, 2017 – Quadrille has announced that it has partnered with Econet Media to provide push technology catch up software for Econet Media’s Kwesé TV portfolio. Quadrille will supply its modular file transfer solution QuadriFast to Kwesé TV.
News categories: Quadrille, Econet, Xavier Battas, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Econet Media selects Verimatrix VCAS for its Kwesé TV service
Nov 14, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Econet Media has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) platform to secure its Kwesé TV service. Verimatrix is providing revenue security for the Kwesé app and Kwesé Free Sports channel.
News categories: Verimatrix, Econet Media, Steve Oetegenn, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa, Video Exchange
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues