Digital TV News: Larry Horn
MPEG LA announces call for patents essential to ATSC 3.0
Aug 3, 2017 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to ATSC 3.0 standards in order to facilitate the creation of a joint license to the intellectual property of leading ATSC 3.0 developers on which those standards are based.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
MPEG LA releases MPEG-DASH patent portfolio license
Nov 17, 2016 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MPEG-DASH Patent Portfolio License. MPEG-DASH enables streaming of media content over HTTP to be dynamically adapted to changing network conditions to provide smooth, high quality playback.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
MPEG LA issues Call for Patents for MPEG-DASH
Jul 27, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to the MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standards. DASH adaptively streams audio and video content enabling continuous viewing without freezing or stuttering.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format
Mar 7, 2013 – Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and MPEG LA have announced that they have entered into agreements granting Google a license to techniques that may be essential to VP8 and earlier-generation VPx video compression technologies under patents owned by 11 patent holders.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Media Player, Patent
MPEG LA Announces Call for Patents Essential to HEVC
Jun 26, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard. HEVC (also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2) is intended to improve video coding efficiency.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
ULDAGE to package MPEG LA patents with ARIB 1-seg patent licence in Japan
Sep 15, 2009 – MPEG LA and ULDAGE have announced a cooperation under which ULDAGE will offer MPEG LA's MPEG-2 Systems License along with ULDAGE's ARIB license to companies based in Japan that sell mobile TV handsets for One-Seg mobile terrestrial broadcasting.
News categories: ULDAGE, MPEG LA, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution