Digital TV News: MEDIA BROADCAST
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Quectel LTE modules integrate ENENSYS eMBMS middleware
Aug 24, 2020 – Quectel (603236.SS) has announced that its LTE modules and dongles can now be deployed with eMBMS middleware from ENENSYS. Quectel's modules can be integrated into devices, enabling LTE broadcast features with ENENSYS' technology.
News categories: Quectel, ENENSYS, Alexander Bufalino, Bartolo Scanavino, Hardware, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
Skyline expands operational support for MYTV in Malaysia
Apr 20, 2020 – Skyline Communications has announced an expansion project at MYTV. Skyline will be given more responsibility for the management of MYTV's Digital Media Broadcast Hub, Disaster Recovery Center and DVB-T2 transmitter stations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, MYTV Broadcasting, Naveendran Murthy, Mazlan Mahdi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, QoE, Terrestrial
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
Jun 18, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) has announced that Conversant is now hosting its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) in the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. The cloud environment enables a SaaS model to more efficiently support harmonized rights management for multi-DRM video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conversant, Steve Oetegenn, Kong Wai, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Singapore
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Astro selects Telaria as preferred video platform partner
Nov 20, 2018 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has been selected as the preferred Video Management Platform by Astro. With Telaria, live TV inventory will be available programmatically in Malaysia through Astro GO apps and Astro’s live streaming player.
News categories: Telaria, Astro, Kevin Smyth, Andy Yap, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Anevia acquires Keepixo
Mar 6, 2018 – Anevia has announced an agreement to acquire video compression software expert Keepixo. Specialising in the development of video compression software for TV operators, Keepixo’s solutions enable live or near-live broadcasts for multiscreen TV.
News categories: Anevia, Keepixo, Damien Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, NABShow, Worldwide
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution