Digital TV News: MPEG
Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
Nov 27, 2023 – The DASH-IF Conformance Tool has been updated. Along with DASH content conformance, the new tool has options to check CMAF and WAVE requirements, as well as HLS compliance.
News categories: DASH-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC
Nov 21, 2023 – MainConcept has announced the latest version of its real-time encoding application for OTT and TV broadcasting workflows. It comes with two additions: support for VVC/H.266 and MPEG-5 LCEVC.
News categories: MainConcept, Thorsten Schumann, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MPEG looking to evaluate learning-based video codecs
Nov 13, 2023 – MPEG has issued a call for learning-based video codecs for visual quality assessment. Interested parties are requested to submit responses for review at the 145th MPEG meeting in January 2024.
News categories: MPEG, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
X-Pert Multimedia provides MNC with Channel-in-a-Box
Oct 24, 2023 – X-Pert Multimedia has announced that PT Media Nusantara Citra (MNC) is relying on its X-Pert Channel-in-a-Box to ensure the whole broadcasting process of its channel iNews.
News categories: X-Pert Multimedia, MNC, Ludmil Kushinov, Ronny Bambang Irawan, Asep Awaludin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
Avanci launches streaming video patent licensing platform
Oct 18, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Video, a platform aiming to reduce the complexity of patent licensing by providing a single license encompassing AV1, H.265 (HEVC), H.266 (VVC), MPEG-DASH and VP9.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Luke McLeroy, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Streaming, Worldwide
Realtek adds MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC support to STB SoCs with V-Nova
Sep 13, 2023 – Realtek and V-Nova have announced support for MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC in Realtek STB SoCs. This makes Realtek the first chipset provider to offer support for LCEVC.
News categories: Realtek, V-Nova, Yee-Wei Huang, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VisualOn introduces universal content-adaptive encoding for video streaming
Sep 7, 2023 – VisualOn has launched Optimizer, a Universal Content-Adaptive Encoding solution, enabling providers to reduce streaming costs and improve viewing experiences without touching their existing infrastructure.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Christophe Coquerel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases LCEVC video IPs and compliance streams
Aug 31, 2023 – Allegro DVT has launched a complete range of MPEG-5 LCEVC products comprising LCEVC compliance streams and LCEVC hardware decoder and encoder video IPs (D301 and E301).
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery