Digital TV News: MStar Semi
MStar bundles Wyplay Frog with hybrid STB chipset
Sep 8, 2016 – Wyplay and MStar Semi have announced that the Frog Client turnkey solution is integrated on MStar Hybrid STB chipset. This bundled offer may be extended to other MStar product in the future.
News categories: Wyplay, MStar Semi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Dennis Lai, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MaxLinear and MStar develop UHD satellite STB reference design
Sep 8, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design aimed at accelerating the deployment of Ultra HD STBs and multichannel PVRs for satellite pay-TV operators worldwide.
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar and Irdeto partner to secure Android for pay TV
Sep 8, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor and Irdeto have announced a partnership to enable the secure delivery of premium content to Android set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Wayne Tsai, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar STB and TV SoCs integrate NAGRA NOCS3 security
Sep 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the completion of integration of NAGRA’s NOCS3 hardware security technologies directly into MStar’s System-On-Chips (SoCs) for connected STBs and Connected TVs.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Wayne Tsai, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
UMC, MStar and SERAPHIC to launch Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in UK
Aug 19, 2016 – UMC is working with MStar and SERAPHIC to roll out Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in the UK in Q4, 2016. It is not the first time that the three parties have cooperated having together introduced Sharp and Blaupunkt smart TVs for Europe in 2014.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, UMC, Ye Wang, Bill Hsiung, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Cubiware middleware to be integrated with MStar STB SoCs
Jun 28, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced its continued expansion in Asia with a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor. The collaboration will integrate MStar's Hybrid Set-Top Box chipset solution with the full-featured CubiTV Hybrid Middleware.
News categories: Cubiware, MStar Semi, Jakub Gorski, Dennis Lai, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar SoCs to include Conax cardless security
Feb 2, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has entered into a collaboration with Conax to provide a security solution for cardless STBs. In MStar’s K5CN, K5SN and K1 plus family of chipsets the Conax Cardless CA client runs inside a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE).
News categories: Conax, MStar Semi, Tom Jahr, Jeff Wu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Futarque releases Android SDK for MStar SoC
Jan 26, 2016 – Danish design house, Futarque, has released its Android software development kit (SDK) aimed at TV operators who want a reliable customisable Android solution. The SDK is running on the MStar MSO9280 SoC.
News categories: Mstar Semi, Futarque, Android TV, CSTB, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar confirms HEVC decoder interoperability with ATEME encoders
Jan 13, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that all of its chipsets which support the HEVC standard decoder (ISO/IEC 23008-2/ITU-T H.265) have been successfully tested for interoperability with TITAN, ATEME’s high video quality, high density software compression solution.
News categories: MStar Semi, ATEME, Patrick Molin, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform