Digital TV News: Media Broadcast
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
Dec 7, 2021 – A recent white paper commissioned by InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) and written by Futuresource Consulting examines the industry influence of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) on applications across the video supply chain.
News categories: InterDigital, Futuresource, Henry Tirri, Simon Forrest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
Dec 6, 2021 – MediaKind and Arqiva have introduced a media service proposition that delivers a cloud-native, fully managed service for the aggregation, processing, and delivery of TV services for any platform (broadcast and OTT) in any region, at any scale.
News categories: MediaKind, Arqiva, Boris Felts, Shuja Khan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Quectel LTE modules integrate ENENSYS eMBMS middleware
Aug 24, 2020 – Quectel (603236.SS) has announced that its LTE modules and dongles can now be deployed with eMBMS middleware from ENENSYS. Quectel's modules can be integrated into devices, enabling LTE broadcast features with ENENSYS' technology.
News categories: Quectel, ENENSYS, Alexander Bufalino, Bartolo Scanavino, Hardware, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
Skyline expands operational support for MYTV in Malaysia
Apr 20, 2020 – Skyline Communications has announced an expansion project at MYTV. Skyline will be given more responsibility for the management of MYTV's Digital Media Broadcast Hub, Disaster Recovery Center and DVB-T2 transmitter stations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, MYTV Broadcasting, Naveendran Murthy, Mazlan Mahdi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, QoE, Terrestrial
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
Jun 18, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) has announced that Conversant is now hosting its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) in the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. The cloud environment enables a SaaS model to more efficiently support harmonized rights management for multi-DRM video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conversant, Steve Oetegenn, Kong Wai, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Singapore
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools