Digital TV News: Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
ZTE trials AndroidTV STB at Tokushima Cable
Apr 27, 2016 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that is has successfully demonstrated a live test of its AndroidTV set-top box (STB) B800S2 on Tokushima TV's network. The TV station plans to put the B800S2 STB into large scale commercial use in June 2016.
News categories: ZTE, Tokushima, Kunai, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
NEC launches 8K H.265/HEVC codec
Mar 22, 2016 – NEC (TSE: 6701) has announced the global launch of its VC-8350 encoder and VD-8350 decoder in April 2016, achieving encoding and decoding of 8K/60P UHD video in support of future 8K broadcasting services.
News categories: NEC Corp, Tooru Watanabe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, Worldwide
SiTune creates first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Jan 8, 2016 – SiTune has announced the STN6528, the first tuner capable of supporting the new Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard (ARIB STD-B44) for broadcasting 8K digital television (TV) via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Vietnam and Japan plan workshop on smart TV
Jan 16, 2015 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications and Japan's Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications hosted a Vietnam-Japan policy dialogue on information and communications technology (ICT) in Hanoi on January 16, 2015.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Communications, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Hitachi to install ISDB-T transmitters in Botswana
Oct 30, 2014 – Hitachi Kokusai Linear Equipamentos Eletrônicos has announced that it has received an order for DTT transmitters from Botswana TV. The contract covers the design, production, installation and construction of transmitters located at 45 sites across Botswana.
News categories: Hitachi, Botswana TV, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Toshiba Unveils World First 3D LCD TVs without Dedicated Glasses
Oct 4, 2010 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) has unveiled the world's first LCD TVs that offer comprehensive 3D capabilities without any need for dedicated glasses. The new 'Glasses-less 3D REGZA GL1' series offers two models with screen sizes of 20-inches and 12-inches.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, Japan, Metaverse, Smart TV
Japanese Digital TV Trials in UAE
Feb 19, 2010 – Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Tokyo's Areaportal Corporation will carry out the first trials of a new, one-seg area broadcasting service from February 16 to 28 in the UAE.
News categories: Mitsubishi, Areaportal, Mobile, UAE
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December