Digital TV News: Nex
inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
May 24, 2023 – inext has signed a distribution contract with the Moldovan company DIGIMAX. DIGIMAX is a supplier of equipment for satellite TV reception and for cable TV networks.
News categories: inext, DIGIMAX, Pavlo Sidorov, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
May 25, 2023 – eMedia has announced results for its financial year that ended 31 March 2023. Set-top box activations for Openview in the year were 513,840, taking the number to 3,166,461 at period-end.
News categories: eMedia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
May 25, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that Orby Elevate has selected the EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite for the distribution of its first major mainstream English language DTH bouquet in the U.S.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orby, G. Jim Carroccia, Ricardo Dias, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 25, 2023 – SVOD revenues will nearly equal those of traditional pay TV in the U.S. in 2027, marking a tipping point in the ongoing decline of cable TV, IPTV and satellite TV services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Netgem releases trading update
May 25, 2023 – Netgem has released a trading update. The total number of subscribers to the Group's services amounted to 609,000 at the end of April 2023, a growth rate of more than 30% over 12 months.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
May 24, 2023 – Chopin Cable Television has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its new streaming proposition. Chopin will also wholesale the service to other mid-sized operators across Poland.
News categories: NAGRA, Chopin, Olivier Met, Bogdan Laga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, UX
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
European League Of Football partners with Endeavor Streaming
May 22, 2023 – The European League of Football (ELF) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to develop its media distribution and OTT strategy, and enhance its streaming service, Game Pass.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, European League Of Football, Pete Bellamy, Zeljko Karajica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media