Digital TV News: ORS
BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
Oct 22, 2021 – Details of the BBC Net Zero strategy include: switching to renewables and EVs; reducing business travel; continuing to implement more sustainable production methods; and working with suppliers to reduce emissions within their own organisations.
News categories: BBC, SBTi, Tim Davie, Danielle Mulder, Christina Figueres, Digital TV, UK
A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
Oct 20, 2021 – Research from TDG finds that the number of U.S. households subscribing to a broadband service but not a pay-TV service will grow from 38 million in 2020 to 54 million in 2025, up 42% in the five-year period.
News categories: TDG, Paul Hockenbury, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
Oct 20, 2021 – Alpha Networks and MediaData TV have announced that Vodafone España has implemented their Real-time Accurate EPG solution, to improve the catch-up and start-over features on selected TV channels.
News categories: Alpha Networks, MediaData TV, Vodafone España, Guillaume Devezeaux, Carles Farrando, Jesus Rodriguez, Digital TV, Spain, UX
Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
Oct 21, 2021 – MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset has been selected to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, Aneesh Rajaram, PC Tseng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
Oct 20, 2021 – Conviva has announced the availability of its technology and real-time data to enable end-to-end advertising audience measurement for its publisher customers and their ecosystem partners.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
Oct 20, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and ATEME have announced that VO's dynamic watermarking is embedded in IRDs and encoders from ATEME, enabling content owners and providers to identify the source of piracy leaks within various distribution channels.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, ATEME, Mathieu Harel, Julien Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
Oct 18, 2021 – COMSovereign Holding (NASDAQ: COMS) has announced that its RF Engineering & Energy Resource (RFE) unit has received Google Android TV Operator Tier certification for its new IPTV device.
News categories: RFE, Thomas Mansfield, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
Oct 19, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel IQ Video, a Video Platform as a Service offering. Airtel IQ Video allows businesses to build video streaming products with minimal investment in infrastructure and technology.
News categories: Airtel, CG Group, Eros Now, Adarsh Nair, Niravana Chaudhary, Ali Hussein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Nepal, Streaming
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey