Digital TV News: ORS
Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
Feb 2, 2023 – Sky is rolling out new features to Entertainment OS, its Sky Glass and Sky Stream operating system. Entertainment OS 1.1 brings Personalised Playlists, a new 'Play' voice command, more ways to find content, and enhanced Bluetooth features.
News categories: Sky, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK, UX
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
Feb 1, 2023 – Digiturk has strengthened its partnership with Irdeto, expanding the portfolio of Irdeto products and services currently used by deploying Irdeto’s integrated 360 Video Security Services to protect its premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Digiturk, Richard Frankland, Hatice Memiguven, Content Protection, Digital TV, Turkey
Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
Feb 1, 2023 – The rapid evolution of the market towards standardized set-top boxes based on Android TV should allow Netgem to completely withdraw from the sale of access equipment and the associated working capital requirements.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
Jan 27, 2023 – Qwilt has announced that J:COM has transformed its video delivery network using Qwilt's Open Caching solution, boosting its network capacity and improving delivery of live streaming, VoD and media applications.
News categories: Qwilt, J:COM, Alon Maor, Jiro Inoue, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
Jan 25, 2023 – Millicom International Cellular has confirmed that a potential acquisition of all outstanding shares in Millicom is being discussed with Apollo Global Management and Claure Group.
News categories: Millicom, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA
German study shows high losses from TV piracy
Jan 25, 2023 – According to a study commissioned by VAUNET, a total of 5.9 million people in Germany regularly watched illegal live TV streams in 2022, with live TV piracy largely replacing the use of legal TV services.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion