Digital TV News: ORS
Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
Jun 11, 2021 – The Carbon Trust has published a white paper examining the carbon impact of streaming VOD to enable future decisions to be based on informed understanding of the methods, complexity, and uncertainties involved.
News categories: Carbon Trust, DIMPACT, Andie Stephens, Glynn Roberts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
Jun 10, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Megacable is using Broadpeak's CDN and multicast ABR to optimize the delivery of its Xview+ streaming service, including live, VOD, time-shift TV, catch-up and premium TV.
News categories: Broadpeak, Megacable, Jacques Le Mancq, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, QoE, Set Top Box
Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
Jun 10, 2021 – 24i has announced that Kabelnoord will be extending its use of 24i's Smart Apps and Smart Video products to launch the first Kabelnoord streaming applications for Smart TVs.
News categories: 24i, Kabelnoord, Joachim Bergman, Wybren Lieuwes, Apps, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
Jun 9, 2021 – TVU Networks has announced that its technology was used in Portugal’s first football games broadcast using 5G. The demos took place at the country’s first 5G–enabled stadiums – Estádio da Luz and Estádio José Alvalade.
News categories: TVU Networks, NOS, Ibertelco, Rafael Castillo, Felipe Montesinos Gomes, 5G, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
Jun 9, 2021 – Red Bee Media has announced that Síminn is using its Channel Store service to create television bundles, with live and on-demand content, and deliver these to its IPTV subscribers in Iceland.
News categories: Red Bee, Síminn, David van Kemenade, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
Jun 8, 2021 – Appear has announced that Sappa has deployed its technology to deliver live TV in Sweden. Sappa has deployed Appear's X and XC Platforms to support the delivery of live video for its TV and OTT service, Sappa Play.
News categories: Appear, Sappa, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development