Digital TV News: On Digital Media
Netflix viewing on digital media players surges in U.S.
Sep 26, 2014 – A growing number of US households are relying on dedicated set-top/plug-in devices (a.k.a., digital media players) to watch Netflix on a TV set, according to a GfK study, Over-the-Top TV 2014.
News categories: GfK, David Tice, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Networking technology used by over 50% of all global broadband homes
Jan 30, 2012 – According to Futuresource Consulting, of the 600 million global broadband homes at the end of 2011, 400 million deployed home networking technology. By 2015, expectations are for 650 million of the 700 million broadband homes to be interacting with networked devices.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Broadcom Enables Mobile Device Content to Escape the Tiny Screen with Wi-Fi Display
Jan 10, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's most complete and robust Wi-Fi Display software stack that allows users of smartphones, tablets and laptop computers to play games, video and thousands of apps on a larger HDTV screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2023, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
200,000 subscribers for South Africa's TopTV
Jan 18, 2011 – TopTV, the satellite pay TV service launched by On Digital Media (ODM) on May 1st 2010 in South Africa, has said that it now has more than 200,000 subscribers, with a record 50,000 activations in December alone.
News categories: TopTV, On Digital Media, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
TopTV sells 50,000 STBs in first 6 hours
May 3, 2010 – On the first day of its launch in South Africa, On Digital Media's TopTV satellite TV service sold 50,000 decoders in less than six hours.
News categories: TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
On Digital Media Contracts Three Transponders on ASTRA
Apr 19, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement with South African pay-TV operator On Digital Media (ODM) for three transponders on its ASTRA 4A satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, On Digital Media, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
May 2010 launch for TopTV DTH in South Africa
Mar 18, 2010 – On Digital Media (ODM) is on the verge of introducing choice, flexibility and affordability to the multi-channel television market in South Africa under its brand of TopTV.
News categories: On Digital Media, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
NDS Provides On Digital Media with Key Technologies to Launch South African Pay-TV Platform
Feb 22, 2010 – NDS has announced that On Digital Media has selected NDS as technology provider and prime integrator to support the launch of its direct-to-home (DTH) platform in South Africa. The new service, TopTV, will go live in Q2 2010.
News categories: NDS Group, On Digital Media, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, South Africa
Realtek Announces Digital Media Processor with Hardware HD Decoder
Sep 9, 2009 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced its third generation Digital Media Processor (DMP), the RTD1073, for the consumer electronics market. The RTD1073 provides a hardware decoder for all mainstream HD AV formats.
News categories: Realtek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max