Digital TV News: Origin
Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
May 25, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that Orby Elevate has selected the EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite for the distribution of its first major mainstream English language DTH bouquet in the U.S.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orby, G. Jim Carroccia, Ricardo Dias, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
May 24, 2023 – Player.pl is now available on Xbox One and Xbox series devices in Poland. The service operates on the Redge Media platform, a white label video streaming solution for content distributors.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Mateusz Zawiślak, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MENA online video ad revenue to more than double to $2.3bn in 2027
May 22, 2023 – The online video advertising market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region will more than double to reach $2.3bn in 2027 according to the latest research from Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Green Streams builds video CDN for ISPs with Varnish Software
May 17, 2023 – Green Streams has collaborated with Varnish Software to offer a self-operated Content Delivery Network (CDN) for pay TV operators and ISPs based on Varnish's caching capabilities.
News categories: Varnish Software, Green Streams, Gernot Jaeger, Ivo Stock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
willy.tel and wilhelm.tel select ocilion's IPTV solution
May 17, 2023 – willy.tel and wilhelm.tel have expanded their existing TV offering for the Hamburg metropolitan region with IPTV products based on ocilion's white-labeled cloud solution.
News categories: ocilion, willy.tel, wilhelm.tel, Hans Kühberger, Bernd Thielk, Arne Mietzner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media