Digital TV News: Paramount+
Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
Nov 21, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global AVOD revenues for TV series and movies will reach $91 billion in 2028, up from $38 billion in 2022. The top 10 countries will represent 81% of the world’s total by 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
Sep 29, 2022 – In the next five years, online advertising revenues will almost double from $190 billion in 2022 to $362 billion in 2027 according to Omdia. By 2027 nearly 60% of global Netflix subscribers will be on the ad-supported tier.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Netflix to remain SVOD world leader
Sep 20, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 475 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.68 billion. Six US-based platforms will account for 47% of the world’s total in 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV