Digital TV News: Peter MacAvock
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
DVB approves new subtitling specification
Aug 7, 2017 – The DVB Steering Board has approved a specification for DVB TTML subtitling systems. The specification enables the delivery of next generation subtitles in transport streams for broadcast TV services, based on W3C Timed Text Markup Language (TTML).
News categories: DVB Project, Kevin Murray, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Launch of DVB-T2
Sep 12, 2008 – IBC 2008 sees the official launch of the latest addition to the DVB family of open standards, DVB-T2 - a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB Steering Board ratifies DVB-T2 specification for second generation DTT Transmission
Jun 30, 2008 – At its 58th meeting, the DVB Steering Board has ratified and published the DVB-T2 specification. DVB-T2 is a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies, TV Services
DVB-T2 goes after post-analog TV spectrum
Sep 9, 2007 – The Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) Group will launch its next-generation terrestrial digital TV broadcast specification called DVB-T2 by early 2008, according to Peter MacAvock, executive director of the DVB project.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC, Terrestrial, TV Services
Boost to Emerging IPTV Industry from DVB
Sep 7, 2007 – Visitors to the DVB stand (1.481) at this year's IBC have the opportunity to see the latest developments in the standardisation work being carried out to achieve interoperability, stimulate growth and enable greater economies of scale for the budding IPTV market.
News categories: DVB Project, IBC, IPTV
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform