Digital TV News: Philip Brennan
NAGRA deploys S3's StormTest test automation platform globally
May 20, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by NAGRA to automate testing of its OpenTV 5 Set-Top Box (STB) middleware and guide solutions deployed with leading pay-TV service providers on a worldwide basis.
News categories: S3 Group, NAGRA, Mervin Zhang, Philip Brennan, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
S3 Group Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Aug 15, 2012 – S3 Group has announced that it has licensed the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK) and will now provide its professional services to integrate the RDK onto set-top box (STB) platforms.
News categories: S3 Group, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box
Broadcom and S3 Group Collaborate to Enable Delivery of Digital TV Content to Multiple Devices
Sep 10, 2011 – S3 Group has introduced the result of their collaboration with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to deliver digital TV broadcast and services to multiple devices within the home including residential gateways, tablets, laptops and other consumer devices.
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, IBC, Semiconductor
S3 and Broadcom Support BSkyB's Set-Top Box Development
Jul 19, 2010 – S3 Group has announced that it has collaborated with BSkyB (LSE:BSY) on the development of its latest HD set-top boxes (STBs), the DRX890 and the DRX895. These boxes include advanced STB technology from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM).
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
MultiChoice Licenses onHandTV from S3
Jan 15, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that leading Pay-TV operator MultiChoice has licensed S3's onHandTV™ Software Development Kit (SDK) for DVB-H to further develop their interactive Mobile Broadcast TV services.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, MultiChoice, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, South Africa
S3 and Nagravision Deliver Pre-Integrated Software To Pay TV Operators and STB Manufacturers
Sep 8, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that it signed an agreement with Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, to provide highly integrated software solutions to the pay TV operator and Set-Top Box (STB) manufacturer markets.
News categories: Nagravision, Silicon & Software Systems (S3), Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Software
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product