Digital TV News: QUALCOMM
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
Sep 19, 2023 – Worldwide augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headset shipments declined for the fourth quarter in a row as volumes fell 44.6% YoY during the second quarter of 2023, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Report from ETSI highlights synergies between DVB-I and 5G
Aug 28, 2023 – A Technical Report released by ETSI (TR 103 972 v1.1.1) describes how DVB-I can provide a service layer for any IP-based system, including 5G Media Streaming and 5G Broadcast.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G-MAG, ETSI, Frédéric Gabin, Thomas Stockhammer, Richard Bradbury, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
U.S. Cyber Trust Mark labeling program for smart devices announced
Jul 18, 2023 – The U.S. has announced a cybersecurity certification and labeling program to help Americans more easily choose smart devices that are safer and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart TV, USA
Semiconductor market extends record decline into fifth quarter
Jun 28, 2023 – According to Omdia, the semiconductor market declined in revenue for a fifth straight quarter in Q1 2023, the longest period of decline since Omdia began tracking the market in 2002.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
TDF and France Télévisions trial DTT of the future
Jun 7, 2023 – TDF and France Télévisions are launching two DTT trials to coincide with the 2023 French Open tennis tournament: DTT broadcasting in UHD quality, and experimental 5G broadcasting.
News categories: TDF Group, France Télévisions, Ateme, Karim El Naggar, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
AR/VR panel shipments to reach 119 million units by 2028
May 15, 2023 – According to DSCC, display panel shipments for VR will increase by 17.6% this year, lower than previously forecast. Shipments are now expected to grow from 13.6M units in 2022 to 16M units in 2023.
News categories: DSCC, Guillaume Chansin, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC