Digital TV News: Qualcomm
Semiconductor market begins to shrink
Nov 22, 2022 – The semiconductor market has had an exceptional run of sequential revenue growth during the COVID-pandemic period. Now the market has begun to shrink. 3Q22 semiconductor revenue was down 7% from the previous quarter.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
Sep 26, 2022 – The U.S. gaming population expanded by 3% from 2019 to 2022, as 9 million new gamers aged 13 to 64 entered the market, according to a CTA study. The active gaming population in this age range now totals 164 million.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steven Hummel, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
Sep 22, 2022 – The second quarter of 2022 was the third consecutive quarter of weakening revenue growth for the semiconductor market, with the market now in decline according to Omdia’s Competitive Landscape Tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RT-RK announces digital TV receiver for the car
Sep 6, 2022 – RT-RK has announced a novel approach to digital TV reception in the car. The solution relies on the car's network tuner feeding transport streams to the IVI unit for processing in software. A digital TV antenna remains the only additional hardware required.
News categories: RT-RK, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G Broadcast streaming to phones at IBC
Aug 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to deliver a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at IBC 2022 showcasing Broadcast/Multicast capabilities over 5G.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
DR, TV2 with R&S and Qualcomm show live 5G Broadcast at Tour de France in Copenhagen
Jul 20, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz has played a leading part in a public demonstration of the latest in mobile content delivery: 5G Broadcast. The presentation was made by Danish broadcasters DR and TV2, with special mobile devices provided by Qualcomm.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022
Metaverse Standards Forum launched
Jun 21, 2022 – The Metaverse Standards Forum brings together standards organizations and companies for cooperation on interoperability standards needed to build the open metaverse. The Forum will explore where the lack of interoperability is holding back metaverse deployment.
News categories: Metaverse Standards Forum, Neil Trevett, Gaming, Metaverse, Worldwide
R&S and Qualcomm to show 5G Broadcast streaming to smartphones at CABSAT 2022
Apr 14, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm will show end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming at CABSAT 2022. The demonstration will deliver pre-recorded content over-the-air to provide an advanced live mobile experience.
News categories: Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS