Digital TV News: Qualcomm
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
InterDigital to show wireless, video, and AI/ML innovations at MWC 2023
Feb 21, 2023 – At MWC, InterDigital (Nasdaq: IDCC) will show solutions that use AI/ML to enhance wireless networks with the bandwidth and latency required for immersive use cases, rendering and delivery of HDR content, and sensory-enhanced video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Rajesh Pankaj, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, MWC23, Worldwide
Semiconductor market begins to shrink
Nov 22, 2022 – The semiconductor market has had an exceptional run of sequential revenue growth during the COVID-pandemic period. Now the market has begun to shrink. 3Q22 semiconductor revenue was down 7% from the previous quarter.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
Sep 26, 2022 – The U.S. gaming population expanded by 3% from 2019 to 2022, as 9 million new gamers aged 13 to 64 entered the market, according to a CTA study. The active gaming population in this age range now totals 164 million.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steven Hummel, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
Sep 22, 2022 – The second quarter of 2022 was the third consecutive quarter of weakening revenue growth for the semiconductor market, with the market now in decline according to Omdia’s Competitive Landscape Tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RT-RK announces digital TV receiver for the car
Sep 6, 2022 – RT-RK has announced a novel approach to digital TV reception in the car. The solution relies on the car's network tuner feeding transport streams to the IVI unit for processing in software. A digital TV antenna remains the only additional hardware required.
News categories: RT-RK, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G Broadcast streaming to phones at IBC
Aug 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to deliver a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at IBC 2022 showcasing Broadcast/Multicast capabilities over 5G.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV