Digital TV News: S&T
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with Verimatrix VCAS revenue security
May 19, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the integration of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) with Cubiware’s CubiTV hybrid middleware for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Verimatrix, Jakub Górski, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Motive begins installations for FreeVision DTH in South Africa
Mar 27, 2014 – Motive Television has announce that it has begun the installation of its Content Express™ platform in South Africa in accordance with the contract signed in December 2013 with Siyaya Free To Air TV.
News categories: Motive Television, Sentech, FreeVision, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Verimatrix provides revenue security for Thailand's TrueVision
Mar 24, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that TrueVision has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its premium content service offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, TrueVision, Nantanee Wongumnitkul, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Thailand, TV Everywhere
Hong Kong's TVB.COM selects Verimatrix for subscription-VOD service
Feb 26, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Hong Kong's TVB.COM has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its subscription-based VOD Service.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVB.COM, Kenneth Wong, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Streaming
DISH Anywhere app integrates Hopper transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has upgraded its DISH Anywhere™ app to integrate the Hopper Transfers™ feature to both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
UltraFlix IPTV/OTT adds 4K Ultra HD Moving Murals
Dec 27, 2013 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced a worldwide distribution agreement with Epic Eye. Under the agreement, UltraFlix™, NanoTech’s streaming Ultra HD service, has been granted rights to distribute Epic Eye's Moving Murals™ gallery of 4K murals.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, Moving Murals, Susan Rees, Jeff Foley, CES2023, Set Top Box, Streaming
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
Dec 10, 2013 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) has announced that Thailand's Samart has selected Dolby® Digital Plus™ as the sound technology for its DVB-T2 set-top boxes.
News categories: Dolby, Samart, Thawee Udomkitchote, Leong-Yan Yoong, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Thailand
Samsung HomeSync brings features of Galaxy devices to the TV
Oct 3, 2013 – Samsung Mobile has announced that Samsung HomeSync™, a household Android™ media center for storing, synchronizing and streaming content across multiple devices, will be available in the US beginning October 6.
News categories: Samsung, Nanda Ramachandran, Travis Merrill, Home Server, Mobile, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023