Digital TV News: SES S.A
SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
Mar 29, 2023 – SES has confirmed that it has engaged in discussions regarding a possible combination with Intelsat. At this stage, there can be no certainty that a transaction will materialise.
News categories: SES S.A., Intelsat, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Worldwide
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES increases reach to 366 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 5, 2022 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers almost 8,400 TV channels to a total of 366 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of five million homes over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Deepak Mathur, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Canal+ expands ground services partnership with SES
Mar 17, 2022 – SES and CANAL+ have expanded their partnership with an agreement for uplink services for CANAL+'s French Pay-TV channel bouquet at 19.2° East. The agreement includes services delivered from two teleports, in Luxembourg, and, starting in 2023, Munich.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable