Digital TV News: Stefan Lederer
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
Nov 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with OKAST to deliver live and VoD streaming. Bitmovin’s video player and encoding solutions will enable OKAST’s customers to stream content across a wide range of devices and platforms.
News categories: Bitmovin, OKAST, Stefan Lederer, Cédric Monnier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
Nov 18, 2020 – Bitmovin has incorporated H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC) into its encoding solution. Bitmovin is among the first to integrate the codec and does not require device updates or additional licenses.
News categories: Bitmovin, Fraunhofer HHI, Stefan Lederer, Benjamin Bross, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform