Digital TV News: Stefan Lederer
Bitmovin and Accedo power TV New Zealand sports streaming
Sep 11, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Accedo to help Television New Zealand (TVNZ) bring sports content to viewers across New Zealand, using state-of-the-art video streaming technology.
News categories: Accedo, Bitmovin, TVNZ, Michael Lantz, Stefan Lederer, Kym Niblock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, UX
RÚV guarantees playback quality with Bitmovin
Jul 26, 2023 – RÚV has chosen to deploy the Bitmovin Player and Analytics to guarantee quality playback on the widest range of devices and monitor and fine tune the performance of each stream.
News categories: Bitmovin, RÚV, Stefan Lederer, Bragi Reynisson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, QoE, Streaming
Bitmovin playback analytics complement Amazon IVS metrics
Jul 19, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced Bitmovin Analytics, offering playback health analytics to complement the existing analytics available with Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS).
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Services, Stefan Lederer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Akamai to debut CMCD solution at NAB Show 2023
Apr 5, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Akamai on a solution using Common Media Client Data (CMCD) to help minimize the cost of errors that occur due to the siloes between video players and CDNs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Will Law, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
43% of UK consumers have cancelled a video streaming subscription
Oct 26, 2022 – Bitmovin has unveiled research revealing that 57% of Brits have not cancelled a streaming service despite the cost of living crisis. Value for money and availability of favourite content are keeping consumers subscribed.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Bitmovin and University of Klagenfurt to work on climate-friendly video streaming
Oct 6, 2022 – Bitmovin and the University of Klagenfurt have announced that they will collaborate on a two-year joint research project worth €3.3 million to develop a climate-friendly adaptive video streaming platform called 'GAIA'.
News categories: Bitmovin, University of Klagenfurt, Stefan Lederer, Christian Timmerer, Radu Prodan, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Intigral selects Bitmovin and Diagnal to deliver superior viewing experiences
Jun 13, 2022 – Bitmovin has announced that it has partnered with Diagnal to help Intigral deliver video streams to Jawwy TV and Dawri Plus subscribers in the MENA region. Intigral is using the Bitmovin Player integrated with Diagnal's front-end app development technology.
News categories: Bitmovin, Intigral, Diagnal, Stefan Lederer, William Sharp, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Middle-East, Streaming
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC