Digital TV News: Stephane Nitenberg
Aston shows Viaccess-Orca cardless CA on HbbTV HD PVR
Sep 11, 2014 – Aston has announced the integration of Viaccess-Orca’s Dynamic Sentinel with its HbbTV 1.5 MAYA HD Connect PVR set-top box. The platform will be showcased at IBC 2014 on Viaccess-Orca booth (Hall 1, stand A51).
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Stephane Nitenberg, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
Aug 20, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that the company’s Dynamic Sentinel cardless conditional access system (CAS) will be embedded in set-top boxes from Askey Computer and ASTON, as well as conditional access modules from SMiT.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Askey Computer, ASTON, SMiT Corp, Eric Lui, Stephane Nitenberg, Hongyu Shuai, François Moreau de Saint Martin, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Aston ST-based MAYA HD satellite receiver targets MENA market
Mar 13, 2013 – Aston has announced the availability on the MENA market of its MAYA HD PVR satellite receiver. The new MAYA HD PVR Satellite receiver is built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Aston, STMicroelectronics, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston's historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, CABSAT, Conditional Access, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston partners with Viaccess in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and HbbTV
Mar 12, 2013 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of NetworkFX™, the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess, Africa, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Content Protection, HbbTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ST's Set-Top Box SoC Powers Aston's New HD Satellite Receiver
Jan 30, 2013 – During the CSTB 2013 show in Moscow, Aston is showcasing the first prototype of its Maya HD PVR satellite receiver built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Aston, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protection
Oct 29, 2012 – Aston and Viaccess-Orca have announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca's most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston's latest generation STBs & CAMs.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, CAM, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December