Digital TV News: Stephane Nitenberg
Aston shows Viaccess-Orca cardless CA on HbbTV HD PVR
Sep 11, 2014 – Aston has announced the integration of Viaccess-Orca’s Dynamic Sentinel with its HbbTV 1.5 MAYA HD Connect PVR set-top box. The platform will be showcased at IBC 2014 on Viaccess-Orca booth (Hall 1, stand A51).
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Stephane Nitenberg, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
Aug 20, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that the company’s Dynamic Sentinel cardless conditional access system (CAS) will be embedded in set-top boxes from Askey Computer and ASTON, as well as conditional access modules from SMiT.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Askey Computer, ASTON, SMiT Corp, Eric Lui, Stephane Nitenberg, Hongyu Shuai, François Moreau de Saint Martin, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Aston ST-based MAYA HD satellite receiver targets MENA market
Mar 13, 2013 – Aston has announced the availability on the MENA market of its MAYA HD PVR satellite receiver. The new MAYA HD PVR Satellite receiver is built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Aston, STMicroelectronics, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston's historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, CABSAT, Conditional Access, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston partners with Viaccess in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and HbbTV
Mar 12, 2013 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of NetworkFX™, the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess, Africa, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Content Protection, HbbTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ST's Set-Top Box SoC Powers Aston's New HD Satellite Receiver
Jan 30, 2013 – During the CSTB 2013 show in Moscow, Aston is showcasing the first prototype of its Maya HD PVR satellite receiver built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Aston, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protection
Oct 29, 2012 – Aston and Viaccess-Orca have announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca's most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston's latest generation STBs & CAMs.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, CAM, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement