Digital TV News: Steve Oetegenn
Nepal's DishHome upgrades Verimatrix cardless security
Jun 22, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that DishHome is supporting next-generation DVB cardless security, powered by the VCAS Ultra platform. DishHome is Nepal's largest DTH operator and has relied on Verimatrix for DVB security since 2011.
News categories: Verimatrix, DishHome, Steve Oetegenn, Keshav Kanta Poudel, Content Protection, Nepal, Satellite
Aire Networks selects Verimatrix DRM and watermarking for OTT TV service
May 31, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Spanish network operator Aire Networks has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV solution to secure TV Everywhere streaming offered by its Perseo TV OTT service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Aire Network, Steve Oetegenn, Raul Armero, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Watermarking
Chunghwa Telecom upgrades to Verimatrix VCAS Ultra to secure UHD/4K services
Apr 9, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that as Chunghwa Telecom expands its multimedia on demand (MoD) offering to include UHD/4K streaming, it has deployed VCAS Ultra to secure new delivery models and support next-generation services and technology.
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Dr. Chih-Cheng Lo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Taiwan
Dish TV India selects Verimatrix Cardless Security for DTH expansion
Sep 18, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Dish TV India has selected Verimatrix to provide cardless security for its DTH service offerings. VCAS for DVB was selected for its future-proof approach to revenue security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish TV India, Steve Oetegenn, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, India, Satellite
WebTVAsia deploys Verimatrix for its VOD service
Sep 15, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Malaysia-based digital entertainment group WebTVAsia has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV as the underlying framework for its video-on-demand (VOD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, WebTVAsia, Steve Oetegenn, Fred Chong, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Malaysia, Streaming
Hong Kong's MyTV Super extends Verimatrix deployment to its OTT service
Sep 14, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that MyTV Super has extended its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV to provide over-the-top (OTT) video security for its myTV SUPER video service launched in 2016.
News categories: Verimatrix, MyTV Super, Steve Oetegenn, Rex Ching, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBC2023, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
Verimatrix secures Megacable's transition to hybrid TV
Sep 12, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be securing revenue for Mexico's largest multiple system operator (MSO) Megacable as it transitions from offering traditional cable to more advanced hybrid services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Megacable, Steve Oetegenn, Emerson Sampaio, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Mexico
Verimatrix offers cloud-hosted revenue security option
Aug 24, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced the launch of the Verimatrix Secure Cloud, a new deployment option that equips video service operators with a trusted, flexible, fully managed framework for video content security and analytics.
News categories: Verimatrix, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, IBC2023, Worldwide
Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
May 24, 2017 – Quiptel and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that will offer the first secure OTT service in West Africa enabling thousands of residents on Bonny Island in Nigeria to stream live and on-demand TV uninterrupted.
News categories: Verimatrix, Falcon Media House, Quiptel, Steve Oetegenn, Gert Rieder, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set