Digital TV News: Sue Couto
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom