Digital TV News: Sue Couto
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity