Digital TV News: Sue Couto
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden