Digital TV News: Sue Couto
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia