Digital TV News: Sunplus Technology
Sunplus to sell set-top box chip business to Availink
Jan 20, 2015 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) has announced that it will sell its set-top-box product center assets to Availink for NT$330 million, NT$295million of which it will use to to acquire a 16.67% share of Availink.
News categories: Sunplus, Availink, Chou-Chye Huang, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sunplus selects ANT Galio Platform for system-on-a-chip solution
Feb 28, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Sunplus Technology (Taipei: 2401) has licensed the ANT Galio Platform and core TV applications. The ANT Galio Platform will be integrated with Sunplus SoCs for European connected TV, set-top box and DVD markets.
News categories: ANT plc, Sunplus, Digital TV, DVD, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Silicon Image Introduces MHL™-Enabled Intellectual Property Cores
Nov 8, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of intellectual property (IP) cores that support the MHL™ standard. MHL is a mobile HD interface standard optimized for connecting portable devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Mobile High-Definition Link, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sunplus to Showcase the LCD TV Processor SPV9100 and ATSC Demodulator SPHE6650 for ATSC DTV at 2009 International CES
Jan 8, 2009 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) has announced at CES2009 its ATSC DTV solution - the SPV9100 video processor with the SPHE6650 ATSC demodulator. The SPV 9100 is the first video processor to support multimedia and time-shift extension.
News categories: Sunplus, ATSC 3, CES2023, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sunplus Delivers Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting Solution for DTMB Digital TV and Set-Top-Box in China
Jan 6, 2009 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401; LSE: SUPD) has announced a DTMB digital terrestrial turnkey solution, including its DTMB demodulator (SPHE6630) and MPEG decoder (SPHE1002), targeted at digital TV and Set-Top-Box applications in China.
News categories: Sunplus, CES2023, China, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MediaTek, Sunplus to offer Blu-ray Disc chipsets
Dec 22, 2008 – MediaTek and Sunplus Technology are in the process of certifying Blu-ray Disc (BD) player chipsets with potential clients and expect to begin shipments as early as the second quarter of 2009.
News categories: MediaTek, Sunplus Technology, Blu-ray, Semiconductor
Sunplus Exhibits at 2009 International CES to Demonstrate Entry-Level to High-End DTV IC Solutions
Dec 15, 2008 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX:2401)(LSE:SUPD) will exhibit at 2009 International CES to demonstrate its new digital TV IC solutions for entry-level to high-end applications.
News categories: Sunplus, ATSC 3, CES2023, DTMB, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sunplus Selects Sonic CinePlayer BD Navigator for its Blu-ray SoC
Jun 3, 2008 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an agreement to license the Sonic® CinePlayer® BD Navigator software to Sunplus Technology. Sunplus is integrating Sonic's HDMV and BD-J technology with its new Blu-ray Disc player SoC solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sunplus, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Middleware, Semiconductor
Sunplus and Ocean Blue Collaborate to Develop Interactive, Mobile TV Platform
Jan 9, 2008 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) and Ocean Blue Software have collaborated to develop a portable Freeview DVB-T platform with full interactive features.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sunplus, CES2023, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC