Digital TV News: TCL Electronics
Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
Jan 11, 2022 – Disruptel has announced a partnership with TCL. The two companies will develop new AI-powered features, enabling users to see information related to what's on-screen and ask questions about what they're watching.
News categories: Disruptel, TCL Electronics, Alex Quinn, Shaoyong Zhang, Adam Cheyer, Big Data, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
Jul 16, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) has announced that it has received the TÜV Rheinland Privacy By Design logo, which confirms it has met cybersecurity standard ETSI EN 303 645, designed to encourage a security baseline for consumer IoT devices.
News categories: TCL Electronics, TÜV Rheinland, Kevin Wang, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
Jun 17, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) and Roku have announced that they will be launching TCL Roku TV models in the UK. TCL Roku TV models will be available in both HD and 4K UHD resolution, in sizes ranging from 32” to 65”.
News categories: Roku, TCL Electronics, Arthur van Rest, Bernie Chen, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
TCL's TV set sales up 15.9% in 2020
Jan 14, 2021 – TCL (HKSE: 01070.HK) has announced that its sales volumes of TCL branded TVs in 4Q 2020 was up 20.2% Y-o-Y to 6.61 million. Volume for 2020 as a whole was 23.93 million units up 15.9% versus 2019.
News categories: TCL Electronics, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL announces Google TV products at CES2021
Jan 11, 2021 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced, at CES 2021, that it will roll out a TCL Google TV series in 2021 to TCL customers, starting in the United States and later in other parts of the world.
News categories: TCL, Google TV, Kevin Wang, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
TCL ranked #2 in TV shipments in 2019
Mar 2, 2020 – According to Sigmaintell, TCL Electronics (01070.HK) grew strongly in overseas markets in 2019 driving the company's total TV shipments for the year to 32 million units, up 12% over the previous year.
News categories: TCL, Sigmaintell, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
Apr 23, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced a partnership with TCL in India. As part of the deal all TCL TVs will come pre-loaded with the Eros Now app, providing customers with access to Eros Now’s extensive content library.
News categories: Eros Now, TCL, Rishika Lulla Singh, Hongwei Li, Apps, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation