Digital TV News: TSTV
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Spain, UK, USA
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TSTV to launch DTH TV on ABS-3A at 3°W in Nigeria
Jun 28, 2017 – ABS and Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver a Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcast service into Nigeria on ABS-3A. The new platform is scheduled to be launched on 25th July 2017.
News categories: ABS, TSTV, Tom Choi, Bright Echefu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Ericsson Empowers New TV Experiences at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 21, 2011 – At IP&TV World Forum 2011, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate its end-to-end television solutions - from content management, packaging and delivery to the ultimate user experience on the consumer's screen of choice.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Video Exchange
Turkey - IP TV and Web TV-Testing Started
Jul 21, 2010 – IPTV will reach the Turkish consumer via Türk Telekom. A business partnership with the leadership of SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has won the tender of the project, which had been initiated by Türk Telekom for the infrastructure of IPTV.
News categories: Türk Telekom, SeaChange International, Envivio, Content Distribution, IPTV, Turkey
Espial Switches On IPTV Services for Sogetel
Nov 10, 2009 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that Sogetel is preparing to deliver IP-based television and video on-demand services in Quebec, Canada using Evo TV Service Platform and Espial MediaBase.
News categories: Espial, Sogetel, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Chongqing Cable TV Launches On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
Oct 6, 2009 – Espial® (TSX: ESP) has announced that Chongqing Cable TV Network has selected Espial MediaBase to power their on-demand services. Chongqing Cable TV is located in the southwest of China and provides TV services to 4.2 million subscribers.
News categories: Espial, Chongqing Cable, Huawei, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
Moscow DVB-H mobile TV trials approved
Aug 20, 2009 – Operators have received permission from Russia's State Commission for Radio Frequencies (GKRCH) to launch mobile TV in Moscow on a trial basis. Until the end of the year DVB-H services will be provided by Sistema, Vimpelcom and Scartel.
News categories: Sistema, Vimpelcom, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering