Digital TV News: UPC TV
Swisscom blue TV comes to Apple TV and net+ TV boxes
Jul 19, 2021 – The Swisscom blue TV app is now available on Apple TV and net+ TV boxes. Since launch, apps for LG smart TVs as well as Quickline and Wingo STBs have joined the originally released apps for Samsung TVs and UPC TV boxes.
News categories: Swisscom, blue TV, Wolfgang Elsässer, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland
Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 29, 2021 – Sunrise UPC has announced that the Amazon Prime Video app is now available on UPC TV in Switzerland. Netflix, Starzplay, YouTube, Sky and Blue TV app are also fully integrated into the UPC TV box.
News categories: UPC TV, Prime Video, Tina Rodriguez, Barry Furlough, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
Jun 30, 2020 – UPC is the first telecommunications provider in Switzerland to integrate the STARZPLAY streaming service. The service is available on the new UPC TV Box, and can also be viewed on the go via the UPC TV App.
News categories: UPC, Starz, Stefan Fuchs, Superna Kalle, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland
UPC TV app now on Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 2, 2020 – UPC TV customers in Switzerland can now benefit from more freedom and flexibility – at no extra charge: all users can now enjoy UPC TV content on additional devices such as Apple TV, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
Nov 13, 2019 – Liberty Global has received a notification of termination from Sunrise Communications regarding the amended Share Purchase Agreement concerning UPC Switzerland. The agreement provides for Sunrise to pay a CHF 50 million termination fee.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
100,000 now using UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 4, 2019 – Almost half a year ago, UPC launched its new TV experience. More than 100,000 UPC TV devices have been distributed since then. UPC TV has now also added personal profiles, giving family members a personal TV experience, both on the big screen and on the smartphone.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Switzerland, UX
UPC Switzerland launches new TV experience
Oct 3, 2018 – UPC is adding the new and unique UPC TV to its HAPPY HOME portfolio. This offers customers an intelligent, simple and user-friendly TV experience with first-class and exclusive content – all for the same price as before.
News categories: UPC, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
UPC unveils On Demand TV for Ireland
May 22, 2012 – UPC (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has unveiled On Demand TV for Ireland. The service offers seven day catch-up TV from the RTÉ Player and 3player and over 1,300 hours of box sets and series for free. Additionally, Movies On-Demand are available at the touch of a button.
News categories: UPC, Cable TV, Fibre, Ireland, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV