Digital TV News: VIDAA
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Vidaa partners with OTTera to integrate long tail OTT services
Mar 11, 2020 – Hisense and their subsidiary Vidaa have chosen OTTera for onboarding onto the Hisense VIDAA platform. Vidaa will work with OTTera to integrate long tail providers and utilize OTTera's built-in advertising solution.
News categories: OTTera, Vidaa, Stephen L. Hodge, Guy Edri, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense selects Aria Systems' revenue platform for VIDAA Smart TVs
Mar 10, 2020 – Aria Systems has announced that VIDAA International, a subsidiary of Hisense, has selected the company’s cloud billing and monetization platform to support its streaming content platform available on a majority of Hisense, Toshiba and private-label TV models in over 30 countries.
News categories: Aria Systems, VIDAA, Tom Dibble, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Yi+ powers Hisense' artificial intelligence TV system
Mar 1, 2018 – Beijing Yi+ Technology (Yi+AI) has revealed that Hisense's recently announced Artificial Intelligence (AI) television system "VIDAA-AI" uses real-time scene and video recognition technologies powered by Yi+AI.
News categories: Yi+AI, Hisense, Big Data, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDAA Smart TVs
Aug 29, 2016 – Hisense has chosen SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser to support its web-based VIDAA smart TV platform. The VIDAA platform, launched in 2014, was born out of an initiative to create a 'lean-back' smart TV experience, enabling users to reach content from various sources in a simple way.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Hisense, Ye Wang, Xiaofeng Lin, China, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA2020, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense now world's 4th largest shipper of TVs
Jun 11, 2014 – The number of TV sets shipped globally in Q1 reached 49.7 million, according to DisplaySearch. There was a jump in the number of units shipped by Hisense, bringing the manufacturer's total up to 5.3% of overall units shipped.
News categories: Hisense, DisplaySearch, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering