Digital TV News: Velocix
Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
Dec 7, 2021 – Velocix has announced that it has supported the expansion of Vodafone Deutschland’s GigaTV service with its open audio-video (AV) pipeline software, including its carrier-grade CDN, origin server, and video personalisation platform.
News categories: Velocix, Vodafone, Anthony Berkeley, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
May 12, 2021 – Velocix has announced a multi-country agreement with Liberty Latin America (LLA) to power the operator's Android TV-based streaming services in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
News categories: Velocix, Liberty Latin America, Anthony Berkeley, Ewam de Freitas, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
Apr 21, 2021 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has scaled its Pickx video service using Velocix CDN technology. Proximus will more than double its HTTP streaming capacity with Velocix’s carrier-grade CDN software.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Anthony Berkeley, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Velocix poweres Entel OTT streaming service in Chile
Mar 18, 2021 – Entel is using Velocix’s IP CDN, origin server and video recording management software to support Chile's newest OTT streaming service, which uses the first Android TV Operator Tier Box in the country.
News categories: Velocix, Entel, Anthony Berkeley, Cristian Hofer, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Velocix CDN powers multiscreen services at TELUS
Dec 21, 2020 – Velocix has announced that TELUS is using its CDN software to support its IP-based live and on-demand video services, including Optik TV, Pik TV, and Optik on the Go, as well as its video gaming and data services.
News categories: Velocix, TELUS, David Sharpley, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
Dec 1, 2020 – Velocix has unveiled a SaaS video personalisation service. The solution supports digital and programmatic advertising, alternate content insertion, and content blackout for live, VOD, and time-shifted video.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
Jun 1, 2020 – Velocix and TDS Telecom have announced the roll-out of IP video streaming and Cloud DVR services to consumers in central Oregon, completing the first phase of a project to upgrade the entertainment experience available to TDS's 1.2 million connections.
News categories: Velocix, TDS Telecom, David Sharpley, Mark Barber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
Mar 29, 2020 – Velocix has introduced mobile-optimised CDN software targeting 5G video applications. The company uses multi-tier CDN delivery and inter-cache communications technology to reduce traffic demands over mobile backhaul networks by as much as 30%.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Nokia and France Télévisions show 8K UHD streaming over 5G
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia and France Télévisions have showcased the results of a proof-of-concept demonstration of the world's first 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV streaming in real conditions over 5G at IBC 2018.
News categories: Nokia, France Télévisions, Marc Rouanne, Bernard Fontaine, 5G, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers