Digital TV News: Via Licensing
Via Licensing and MPEG LA combine to become Via LA
May 2, 2023 – Via Licensing and MPEG LA have united to form the Via Licensing Alliance (Via LA), a licensing organization with a rich portfolio of patents and intellectual property licensing programs.
News categories: Via Licensing Alliance, Heath Hoglund, Larry Horn, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Patent, Worldwide
Harmonic headend powers Entel Bolivia DTH service
Oct 28, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that telecommunications operator Entel Bolivia has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) service.
News categories: Harmonic, Entel Bolivia, Alvaro Martin, Emilio Evia, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
Aug 21, 2015 – Via Licensing has announced a call for patents that are essential to the practice of the MPEG-H 3D Audio standard. MPEG-H 3D Audio specifies the transmission and playback of audio over a variety of speaker arrangements for broadcast and streaming applications.
News categories: Via Licensing, Roger Ross, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG Surround Licensing Program Addresses New ARIB Multi-Channel Audio Standard for Mobile Broadcasting
Apr 16, 2012 – Via Licensing has announced a patent licensing program for MPEG Surround, the only surround sound format specified by the Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) for mobile broadcasting systems.
News categories: Via Licensing, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
Via Licensing Corp Launches MPEG Surround Patent Licensing Program
Jan 10, 2012 – Via Licensing, a company that develops and operates patent pools in cooperation with essential patent owners worldwide, has announced the availability of its joint licensing program for patents essential to the practice of MPEG Surround.
News categories: Via Licensing, Fraunhofer IIS, CES2024, Licensing, Patent, Smart TV
AAC Joint Patent Licensing Program Update
Jan 5, 2009 – Via Licensing has updated its Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) patent licensing program to enable licensees to secure rights to MPEG-2 AAC, MPEG-4 AAC, MPEG-4 High Efficiency AAC (HE AAC), and for the first time, HE AAC v.2, all under a single license.
News categories: Via Licensing, CES2024, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Via Licensing removes MHP royalty for FTA broadcasters
Jun 13, 2008 – A letter sent by Via Licensing president Jean-Michel Bourdon to the DVB Project on June 12th, 2008 states that the members of the MHP patent pool have decided to remove the requirement for free-to-air broadcasters to pay MHP patent license fees.
News categories: Via Licensing, DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV Services
Via Licensing Announces Joint Patent License for Interactive Television Services Using the DVB-MHP Standard
Feb 13, 2007 – Via Licensing Corporation is pleased to announce the availability of a worldwide joint license agreement for patents deemed essential to implement the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB®) Multimedia Home Platform 1.0 standard (MHP® 1.0).
News categories: Via Licensing, DVB-MHP, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Licensing, Middleware, Patent
Major Cable Operators Sign Up for OCAP Technology Licenses
Jan 31, 2007 – Major cable operators Comcast and Time Warner Cable have executed required agreements to license essential OpenCable™ Applications Platform (OCAP™) intellectual property and obtain security certificates for OCAP applications.
News categories: Via Licensing, OpenCable, CableLabs, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024