Digital TV News: Virgin Media
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TV
Oct 17, 2022 – TalkTalk has launched a TV Hub powered by Android TV. The box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub with streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV.
News categories: TalkTalk, Vantiva, Susie Buckridge, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
Jul 29, 2022 – Liberty Global and Telefónica, together with InfraVia Capital, have agreed to set up a JV that will roll out FTTH across the UK. The partnership will initially roll out fibre to homes not currently served by Virgin Media O2.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital, Mike Fries, José María Alvarez-Pallete, Vincent Levita, Content Distribution, Fibre, UK, Venture Capital
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Virgin Media O2 launches broadband streaming box
Apr 26, 2022 – Virgin Media O2 has unveiled Stream from Virgin Media, a way for its customers to bring together their favourite TV channels, video apps and streaming subscriptions all in one place via a small box powered entirely by the company's broadband.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
TalkTalk rolls out 4K TV set-top box with Netgem
Mar 21, 2022 – The 4K TV Box offers more choice for TalkTalk TV customers alongside Ultra HD 4K viewing. Customers can access more than 70 channels and on-demand players through the Netgem TV interface with apps and streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netgem, Jonathan Kini, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS