Digital TV News: Vivacom
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MnA
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Bulgaria's Satellite BG to close
May 30, 2013 – Bulgarian satellite TV platform Satellite BG has announced that it will close on June 1, 2013. Satellite BG is recommending Vivacom TV as an alternative provider.
News categories: Satellite BG, Vivacom, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVACOM launches satellite TV in Bulgaria
Sep 7, 2010 – VIVACOM, previously known as the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company (BTC) and the largest telecommunications company in Bulgaria, launched its DTH satellite TV service on September 1st, 2010.
News categories: VIVACOM, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Vivacom to launch IPTV in Bulgaria
May 25, 2010 – VIVACOM has announced that it will be launching an IPTV service in Bulgaria in the middle of 2010.
News categories: VIVACOM, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV