Digital TV News: Vivacom
United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
Jun 16, 2022 – United Group has initiated steps to consolidate its three DTH services (NOVA, Total TV and VIVACOM) into a single platform by sending an RFI to a group of satellite operators for satellite capacity to support its plans.
News categories: United Group, Srdjan Djurdjevic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MandA
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Bulgaria's Satellite BG to close
May 30, 2013 – Bulgarian satellite TV platform Satellite BG has announced that it will close on June 1, 2013. Satellite BG is recommending Vivacom TV as an alternative provider.
News categories: Satellite BG, Vivacom, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK