Digital TV News: Vivacom
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MandA
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Bulgaria's Satellite BG to close
May 30, 2013 – Bulgarian satellite TV platform Satellite BG has announced that it will close on June 1, 2013. Satellite BG is recommending Vivacom TV as an alternative provider.
News categories: Satellite BG, Vivacom, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVACOM launches satellite TV in Bulgaria
Sep 7, 2010 – VIVACOM, previously known as the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company (BTC) and the largest telecommunications company in Bulgaria, launched its DTH satellite TV service on September 1st, 2010.
News categories: VIVACOM, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E