Digital TV News: Wilfried Urner
HD+ records more than 750,000 paying households for the first time
Oct 31, 2012 – Almost three years after its launch, HD PLUS has reported that the company had more than three quarters of a million paying HD+ households at the end of September. HD+ gained over 127,000 new customers from July to September this year.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES and Red Bee Introduce Remote Recording Service via Satellite and Portable Devices
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) and Red Bee Media have unveiled SatRecord, a satellite-based TV remote recording service which provides consumers with the flexibility of recording their favourite TV programme via connected devices from wherever they may be.
News categories: SES S.A, Red Bee Media, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
HD+ increases number of paying households to 634,000
Jul 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of paying households using the HD+ service offered by its German affiliate HD PLUS reached 634,290 at 30 June 2012, with a record 120,000 new paying households added between April and June.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES: HD+ Reaches More Than 2.6 Million Households
May 10, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD+ platform reached more than 2.6 million households at the end of the first quarter of this year. Nearly three million HD+ receivers have been sold since the launch of HD+ at the end of 2009.
News categories: SES S.A, CAM, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES: HD+ Continues on Growth Path in Germany
Nov 24, 2011 – SES S.A. (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that its HD offering HD+ has continued to grow successfully throughout the first two years of its market presence. The service currently reaches 1.9 million German TV households according to GfK.
News categories: SES S.A., GfK, HD PLUS, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
New TV service HD+ in Germany successfully established
May 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced the first official figures on viewers and customers of its new TV service HD+. As of March 31, 2011, 769,000 households in Germany received the HD+ offer via satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Nagravision Selected by HD+ in Germany
Sep 9, 2009 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD) has announced that HD PLUS has selected a Nagra Media turnkey end-to-end CA system to support the operator's new HD offering in Germany. Named HD+, the SES ASTRA service is scheduled to launch in late autumn.
News categories: Nagravision, SES ASTRA, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
SES ASTRA Launches Digital Platform entavio in Germany
Aug 29, 2007 – SES ASTRA, an SES company (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG), will launch its new digital platform entavio at the international consumer show IFA in Berlin on 1st September.
News categories: SES ASTRA, entavio, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, Satellite, TV Services
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers