Digital TV News: ZATTOO
Epic Cyprus selects Zattoo's TV platform
Nov 2, 2023 – Zattoo will migrate the TV service of Epic Cyprus to its TV-as-a-Service platform. Customers will then be able to access the offering via mobiles, Android TV and web, with Samsung and LG TVs to follow.
News categories: Zattoo, Epic Cyprus, Jörg Meyer, Content Distribution, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
NetCologne extends IPTV contract with Zattoo
Oct 11, 2023 – NetCologne has extended its IPTV contract with Zattoo for another five years. The Cologne-based company has been using Zattoo's TV-as-a-service platform since 2016.
News categories: Zattoo, NetCologne, Jörg Meyer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Grey Juice Lab to support 3SS content ecosystem expansion
Oct 12, 2023 – 3SS has selected Grey Juice Lab as a partner to help scale and accelerate the onboarding of content partners to 3SS' 3Ready entertainment platform in automotive and operator environments.
News categories: 3SS, Grey Juice Lab, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, TV Services, UX, Worldwide
Zattoo and 3SS partner to enable live TV in cars
Sep 12, 2023 – Zattoo and 3SS are joining forces to bring live TV streaming to cars. Zattoo Stream APIs have been integrated into 3SS' 3Ready Platform as part of a technical proof of concept.
News categories: 3SS, Zattoo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Zattoo and Init7 launch fibre-plus-TV bundle in Switzerland
Aug 29, 2023 – Zattoo and Init7 have partnered to offer Zattoo Home in Switzerland, combining Init7's fast fibre-optic internet with hundreds of TV channels, in full HD, from Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, Init7, Constanze Gilles, Fredy Künzler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Switzerland
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Annual AVOD/FAST ad revenue already above €250m in the EU5
Apr 4, 2023 – In 2022, NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie estimate that AVOD and FAST advertising revenues reached €255 million in the EU5, with the UK and Germany accounting for 80%.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Laurence Deléchapt, Philippe Bailly, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
Mar 28, 2023 – According to Zattoo's 2023 TV Streaming Report, more and more Swiss people use the internet for TV reception, with high inflation having less impact on streaming subscriptions than expected.
News categories: Zattoo, Jörg Meyer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland
Epic Malta launches TV service with Zattoo
Mar 13, 2023 – Zattoo has launched a TV service for Epic Malta. Epic's customers will be able to access 39 TV channels, including 11 specifically for the Maltese market, via a wide range of streaming devices.
News categories: Zattoo, Epic, Jörg Meyer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024