Digital TV News: Zattoo
Switzerland's AMB chooses ZATTOO for multiscreen IPTV service
Jul 16, 2020 – ZATTOO has announced that Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona (AMB) has chosen ZATTOO to deliver its next generation TV service. In combination with its FTTH products, AMB is launching a multiscreen IPTV service under the name WamboTV.
News categories: ZATTOO, Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona, Wambo, Julian Hens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
Kabel-TV Lampert extends partnership with ZATTOO in Austria
Mar 20, 2019 – Kabel-TV Lampert has announced its continued use of ZATTOO’s end-to-end platform. In future there will be a marketing option for other network operators who are interested in a TV product but do not want to invest in their own hardware and software.
News categories: ZATTOO, Lampert, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ZATTOO expands IPTV platform to Android TV for Operators
Feb 25, 2019 – ZATTOO is expanding its successful end-to-end White Label IPTV platform, which is now available on Android TV for Operators. The update has been released to coincide with Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
News categories: ZATTOO, Gernot Jaeger, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, MWC20, Set Top Box, Worldwide
innogy launches multiscreen IPTV with ZATTOO
Feb 19, 2019 – Energy company, innogy, is the tenth German network operator to introduce an IPTV product fully hosted and managed by ZATTOO. innogy TelNet customers can take advantage of up to 130 TV channels, with many in HD.
News categories: ZATTOO, innogy, Gernot Jaeger, Robin Weiand, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Salt Mobile introduces 4K/UHD on Apple TV with ZATTOO
Sep 14, 2018 – In the spring of 2018, Salt introduced a TV service in Switzerland powered by ZATTOO and using an Apple TV 4K Box as the client. The service will be expanded next month to include 4K/UHD content via the ZATTOO platform.
News categories: ZATTOO, Salt Mobile, Gernot Jaeger, Pascal Grieder, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
May 23, 2018 – QSC and ZATTOO have agreed a cooperation enabling municipal utility and regional telecommunications providers to market triple play. QSC will offer the IPTV services provided by ZATTOO as a white-label product to such operators.
News categories: Zattoo, QSC, Gernot Jaeger, Dietmar Becker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Zattoo selects SpotX for connected TV advertising
Dec 18, 2017 – Zattoo has chosen modern video ad serving platform SpotX as its technology partner for connected TV advertising. This will include dynamic ad insertion in live streams, and the adverts will be traded programmatically and will provide KPIs for advertisers.
News categories: SpotX, Zattoo, Stefan Beckmann,, Oliver Knappmann, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, OTT
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020